So I have being messing around with this idea of modifying
my storm surge with some arms from the kx 139 Forge world
model(which are too big obiviously). I spent a few nights doing
some modelling in 3DS Max and basically came out with a
model that I'm pretty happy with.
Sent it out to be test printed it and I gave it a go
but in the end I think the first version I had was
perhaps too wide on the torso area, that and I also
realised the cost of printing two of the fusion cannon
arms was going to be far too expensive. The entire
print with both arms came to somewhere around $150
even with hallowing out of the model as much as possible.
The cheapest i could get one of the biggest piece printed
was around $15 but the walls were only 0.3mm thick.
Then I realised I would have to deal with making
the rocket launcher pods mount on the back.
So I messed around with the idea of perhaps attaching
the rocket launchers onto the ends of the arms
basically making them into the hands.
At the moment I'm just waiting for my prints to come
in the mail so hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday I
should be able to have a fully assembled storm surge
I ordered the cheaper FDM prints for a test fit and i'm
trying the Form2 resin print for a cheaper alternative to shapeways FUD material.
TLDR: tried making 3d printed arms got too expensive so now it’s just shoulders and elbows