3D printing stormsurge some arms

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Redback
Por

Re: 3D printing stormsurge some arms

Post#41 » Jun 12 2016 07:41

Myrdin wrote:amazing !
Now I really wanna get a SS, even if its just for it to sit on the shelf and wait for better rules in the future.
Could you please post here a link where I can get a pair of the missile arms for myself ?

Follow the link in their signature

Myrdin
Shas

Post#42 » Jun 12 2016 12:23

Redback wrote:
Myrdin wrote:amazing !
Now I really wanna get a SS, even if its just for it to sit on the shelf and wait for better rules in the future.
Could you please post here a link where I can get a pair of the missile arms for myself ?

Follow the link in their signature

Ah thanks, kinda missed that. :)

Hmm ok, nvm, the price for those is WAAAY out of my league. Kinda looses its appeal when one full set of missile arms costs more then the Storm Surge itself.

jimsbeanz
Shas

Post#43 » Jun 12 2016 10:23

Myrdin wrote:Hmm ok, nvm, the price for those is WAAAY out of my league. Kinda looses its appeal when one full set of missile arms costs more then the Storm Surge itself.

Yeah I know Shapeways can get pretty expensive as you get bigger.

I was talked with some contacts in hong kong about getting resin copies made. It would make a set of arms much much cheaper but I would need to make an order of 30-50 units. I can also contact a local guy I know that does resin 3d prints for a set of arms for around $70us.
My shapeways store the Mod-Shop

Myrdin
Shas

Post#44 » Jun 12 2016 11:51

jimsbeanz wrote:
Myrdin wrote:Hmm ok, nvm, the price for those is WAAAY out of my league. Kinda looses its appeal when one full set of missile arms costs more then the Storm Surge itself.

Yeah I know Shapeways can get pretty expensive as you get bigger.

I was talked with some contacts in hong kong about getting resin copies made. It would make a set of arms much much cheaper but I would need to make an order of 30-50 units. I can also contact a local guy I know that does resin 3d prints for a set of arms for around $70us.

About the Hong Kong manufacturer - is it 30-50 pieces, or 30-50 sets ?
If its just pieces, as every SS needs one set (2 pieces) you need about 15 people, which is not impossible seeing as there was rather big interest invested into this project. If its 30+ sets of pieces, well that might be harder, not sure if we can find 30 people for that.
However if you make a list to see how many people would be in on this, you can add me on it as well.

The second option - while still quite expensive, sounds much reasonable. Personally 50 bucks is the max I am seeing myself be willing to pay for it :/

jimsbeanz
Shas

Post#45 » Jun 13 2016 02:07

Myrdin wrote:About the Hong Kong manufacturer - is it 30-50 pieces, or 30-50 sets ?
If its just pieces, as every SS needs one set (2 pieces) you need about 15 people, which is not impossible seeing as there was rather big interest invested into this project. If its 30+ sets of pieces, well that might be harder, not sure if we can find 30 people for that.

For a batch of parts(6 pieces per batch) the minimum order was 30. But they need the master parts in hand to give an accurate quote so i haven't sent them anything as i'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Redback
Por

Post#46 » Jun 13 2016 04:26

Resin would be great, I would like 3 Sets of lower arms and shoulders

Tarnag
Shas

Post#47 » Jun 13 2016 02:00

I would be very interested in 2 sets of the resin arms.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui

Post#48 » Jun 16 2016 01:54

I could use 3 complete arms and shoulders.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

jimsbeanz
Shas

Post#49 » Jun 16 2016 11:33

Well while I'm wait for my master parts to come in the mail I've been working on this..

Should have this in hand this weekend will have a lot of tweaking to see it this fits right or not as I made this using photo references as best I could. But I know it's likely to be rather inaccurate. The model will need to be refined as right now the details are very rough.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#50 » Jun 17 2016 12:03

Okay now that's pretty cool. Such a simple bit but GW still failed to deliver.
Last edited by Panzer on Jun 17 2016 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui

Post#51 » Jun 17 2016 02:00

Now I need one of those. Gosh you guy you all just keep making me jealous of your digital modeling skills.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Redback
Por

Post#52 » Jun 17 2016 04:28

And BOOM! more waiting for me

Great work

I think you need to name your Stormsurge pattern

e.g KV129 'Cyclone' Stormsurge

jimsbeanz
Shas

Post#53 » Jun 17 2016 12:06

Just got done printing!

Looks good so far will post some more when I get it in hand and prime it for a test fit tomorrow!

GeorgeJetson
Shas

Post#54 » Jun 17 2016 03:52

Holy crap!

Must have item of the 41st Millenium!

How thick will you be making the finished one? I've already painted my 'surges, so it'd be cool if it was thick enough to magnetize. The cock-pit paint job I did wasn't great (I should've primed and finished painting that part before assembling the whole torso).

ColdFoot
Shas

Post#55 » Jun 17 2016 04:14

Nice job! I defiantly want one

jimsbeanz
Shas

Post#56 » Jun 20 2016 12:19

Did a quick test paint, I will need to do some modifications to make it fit better as right now there are too many gaps.

Turbo_MMX
Kroot'Ui

Post#57 » Jun 20 2016 12:31

Sold!! Just a little bit of green stuff to fix up the gaps and it will be fine :D
The Mighty Kroot Power Gamer!

Ah yes, ya gotta love it

Sergeant_Ty
Shas

Post#58 » Jun 29 2016 03:31

Finally got my arms and shoulders... Man these things look great!

Water can drip and it can crash, become like water.

Return to “Modelling”