DS8 Tactical Support Turrets - Making Them From Scratch

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
counterwave
Shas'La

DS8 Tactical Support Turrets - Making Them From Scratch

Post#1 » Oct 12 2016 09:03

Hello, ATT!

I have 48 of the old Fire Warrior models and am not too keen to purchase more for the support turrets. I have enough weapons bits to represent either the SMS or the Missile Pod, but can someone share a link to a scratch-built support turret or share pictures of one that they've done?

Thanks!
The Devil Hides in You!

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Re: DS8 Tactical Support Turrets - Making Them From Scratch

Post#2 » Oct 12 2016 11:55

A quick search "DS8 proxy" would have taken you to this thread :roll:

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#3 » Oct 12 2016 01:22

These will also be available from my shapeways in a couple days if you're not interested in a scratch build.

counterwave
Shas'La

Post#4 » Oct 12 2016 03:22

Agentarrow wrote:These will also be available from my shapeways in a couple days if you're not interested in a scratch build.

Please share the link when they are available for sale. I would much rather purchase professionally made items than kit bash.
The Devil Hides in You!

counterwave
Shas'La

Post#5 » Oct 12 2016 03:35

counterwave wrote:
Kael'yn wrote:A quick search "DS8 proxy" would have taken you to this thread :roll:

Thank you for the link and rolling eyes. I did search for "DS8 Conversion", but there are several pages with the word "DS8" and "Conversion" on them. Surprisingly, "DS8" and "Conversion" show up in many threads. I didn't think to include the word "proxy" because I'm not looking for a proxy, I'm looking to build one.

Careful with your wording. I've deleted the redundant post, but we are legitimately trying to help. Please keep attitudes in check.
>>--AA-->
The Devil Hides in You!

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#6 » Oct 12 2016 05:23

counterwave wrote:Thank you for the link and rolling eyes. I did search for "DS8 Conversion", but there are several pages with the word "DS8" and "Conversion" on them. Surprisingly, "DS8" and "Conversion" show up in many threads. I didn't think to include the word "proxy" because I'm not looking for a proxy, I'm looking to build one.

TBH, I used the "proxy" word just because "conversion" was a little too long to type and "count-as" needed to switch my phone keyboard for the dash ... So I had a better luck than you (and rolled eyes) ;). Sorry you didn't found the good thread in your first research.

AgentArrow turret thread was out of scope because you had bits to use, so I didn't added it as suggestion (but you may want to have them as they are a more smart design than GW turrets).

Return to “Modelling”