Is it worth magnetizing wargear options you don't think you'll ever use?

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
materpillar
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Is it worth magnetizing wargear options you don't think you'll ever use?

Post#11 » Nov 30 2016 12:07

I would also recommend having at least 1 pair of every weapon (at least in regards to your crisis suits) because every gun is surprisingly usable (although some are much more niche than others).

I personally even magnetized my Coldstar Battlesuit, just in case variable load-outs become a thing in future additions.

As for magnetizing wargear options, I rarely do that. I usually just say "This suit is WYSIWYG, and has a shield generator/stims/VRT". I also try to have my suits have fairly differing/dynamic poses so it's easy to remember which one has the spiffy wargear thing in the squad.
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 54-18-8

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#12 » Nov 30 2016 02:28

Agreed Matter! Dramatic posing is a huge factor to on where you place your interchangeable parts.

Also yous magnets that sit firmly together, last thing you want it pasts to fall off and get lost.

Spiraticus
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Nov 30 2016 07:11

Done magnetizing them! Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Chris
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Nov 30 2016 11:10

I never thought to use Flamers or Burstcannons on my Crisis for example. But then, there was it. The Mach where I needed two Crisis with double Flames. A few matches later I played a double retaliation cadre against Orcs. And imagine what I needed? Exactly. Flamers and Burstcannons.

Even the odds are very small to need those weapons I would magnetism them. We have hat great possibility to swap weapons each game and to have the perfect tool, and I think the option to potentionally do it is great.

So,yes. I magnetism all weapons. At least 6. This is the double version or a standard Crisis Team.

Return to “Modelling”