Kill Team & Other Conversions

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Flyincaveman
Shas'Saal

Re: Kill Team Conversions

Post#19 » Jun 16 2017 11:16

Wilco!

Currently trying to convert some XV25s per a thread I've seen on here. Picking up some green stuff this weekend to flesh them out better.

Between my low skill/experience and the XV25 arms, not really satisfied with it so far. But eh, it's a learning experience. First real conversion is never the prettiest.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#20 » Jun 18 2017 11:06

Get stuck in man, thats the spirit, look forward to the results! :D

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Jun 18 2017 11:45

Paulson wrote:This project was on the back burner for quite a while but I finally finished up the 3d model and it's headed off to printing and once everything is ready it'll be up on http://www.reddogminis.com :)

i need these for 'reasons'

are these purchasable?
doesn't appear to be anything on reddog yet

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#22 » Jun 19 2017 07:56

The packs will be ready mid-july, waiting on the printer to get back from vacation. Pics and info will be posted as soon as I have them.

Right before that I was able to squeak these in under the wire. I revised the back banners to correct a couple minor issues to make it easier to cast and be a bit more durable on the table. It's hard to tell in the pics but the support pole is thicker and the flag portion is nearly twice as wide as it previously was. (which is still pretty thin) I need to do some final cleaning on them and the revised banners will be posted up on the site next week.

I also finally got around to having these printed which I've been sitting on for over a year but never pulled the trigger with since it was a personal project. I wanted to go with the classic over the shoulder style Broadsides for my army. These are mounted on one of the new plastic crisis suit kits that uses the Iridium armor options.

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Kill Team & Other Conversions

Post#23 » Jun 28 2017 06:30

I finally have open access to a 3d printer, woot! This was the very first print I did. I'm still a super new person on the software and I got lucky that it printed out correctly but I'm really happy with the results so far. The white stuff is frosting just below the surface from the cleaner but it doesn't seem to impact the details, I gave it a quick dab of paint just to make sure. I need to make a few tiny adjustments and I'll also be trying out a test print for my jet pack design later today. :D

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Jun 28 2017 08:40

<waiting on baited breath>

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#25 » Jul 06 2017 10:01

Grr, photobucket has killed their free hosting so all my pics are down. I'm linking to some of my facebook pics and hopefully that will work ok.

After a week of pulling out all my hair fiddling with the printer I have some test prints of the jet pack that are looking pretty solid, they also make for some killer Infinity mods as well. For those interested they're now up on the Red Dog Minis site.

With some primer to help see detail

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#26 » Jul 06 2017 01:57

Paulson, those jetpacks are amazing. Do you know if they fit on the XV15's? I'd love to see the quad aerials on a low-profile stealth suit.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#27 » Jul 06 2017 09:11

They are very close in size, so it should work well on the old style xv-15s.

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Jul 11 2017 09:41

Holy smokes. Beautiful

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#29 » Jul 13 2017 12:17

Ah brilliant work man. May have to grab a rifle for my kill team :)

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#30 » Jul 21 2017 10:15

Fresh off the printer, Ion Energy Blaster v 2.0 which will be going up on the website late Aug.

I reduced the overall scale and also reduced the bulk on the front end. It's been tied it together with the rear housing design used on my other weapons to give it better visual synergy with the rest of the line.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#31 » Jul 22 2017 04:49

Oh I like that version MUCH better.
Now you even might see money for the first time from me. ;)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#32 » Jul 23 2017 01:52

Wow, that Ion gun is an absolute beauty!!

Edit: I just checked the website- the 'coming soon' 3D drawing image makes the gun look significantly different from the resin cast you showed- much shorter, almost snub-nosed. Was that an alternate version you had planned, or something else?

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#33 » Jul 24 2017 07:25

Arka0415 wrote:Wow, that Ion gun is an absolute beauty!!

Edit: I just checked the website- the 'coming soon' 3D drawing image makes the gun look significantly different from the resin cast you showed- much shorter, almost snub-nosed. Was that an alternate version you had planned, or something else?

The same model used for both. Something happened to the render that distorted the image, should be fixed now.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#34 » Jul 24 2017 07:34

Paulson wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:Wow, that Ion gun is an absolute beauty!!

The same model used for both. Something happened to the render that distorted the image, should be fixed now.

Looks fantastic, thanks. Excellent work as always.

Return to “Modelling”