Tau Jet bikes

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Tau Jet bikes

Post#1 » Jan 01 2017 08:39

So for years many Tau players have wanted jetbikes. We've seen great concept art, cool scratch built bikes from ghostkeels, but nothing cost effective.

Recently I bought a box of Enforcer Jetbikes from the game Warpath by Mantic. With a little bit of cutting, kit bashing and imagination I came up with these. They will count as Tetras for my army.

Hope you like it. It's easy to do, so would love to see others from the community take a stab at making their own.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Re: Tau Jet bikes

Post#2 » Jan 01 2017 10:06

These are pretty cool, I will need 42 of them.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Jan 02 2017 02:30

They are really meet just wondering about there construction. The base is a dark elder jet bike. One thinks you could do to make them look just that much better is put the hoves on there feet.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jan 02 2017 03:57

Yeah was already thinking about getting some of those but I don't really feel like playing Tetras and there is just no other unit i could use them for in our codex. :D

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Jan 02 2017 04:18

I'm doing the same thing- I like your conversions, I'm thinking of building out the Firewarrior a little more as if this is a new kind of suit.
~Good Hunting

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jan 02 2017 07:03

Chris in the socal wrote:They are really meet just wondering about there construction. The base is a dark elder jet bike. One thinks you could do to make them look just that much better is put the hoves on there feet.

yeah i have two more to build and want to use firewarrior legs, but I am not that good with greenstuff so hoping to see how someone else tackles it. I do have plenty of firewarrior legs left so I could do trial and error.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#7 » Jan 03 2017 05:46

Nice conversion. I didn't know the scale was soo good compared to our kits (even if I own some Mantic Pathfinders)

Too bad the Mantic jetbikes are too blocky compared to our wargear.
A backtop crest like the XV84 one could be nice to add WYSIWYG markerlight to count-as Tetra.

For legs, hav you considered the devilfish commander body ? With some cutting/carefull heat on the back of the knee, you could achieve a biker stance (I've done one for a custom jetbike done from a drone and plasticard, inspired by R.Cirillo drawing).

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Jan 03 2017 08:30

I'll try that markerlight idea, I think I have an extra somewhere in the bitz box. Thanks!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#9 » Jan 04 2017 06:48

I agree with others. That's a really cool idea. It gives me an idea for a conversion of my own now. If only i had more time to work on these things.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#10 » Jan 06 2017 01:01

May I just also say that I like your puppet wars wing guy.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#11 » Jan 06 2017 09:07

Be sure to cut off that fifth finger!
~Good Hunting

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Jan 06 2017 04:50

Calmsword wrote:Be sure to cut off that fifth finger!

Great thing about the bike it hides that when the pilot is on! :biggrin:

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#13 » Jan 07 2017 12:49

For future proofing, if these are to be a Tetra analogue, I recommend finding a way to add a second rider. If Tetras ever officially become Jetbikes, the number of weapons they may fire would be limited by number of riders. 1 Rider means you either get to use the Pulse Rifles or the Markerlight in such an eventuality.

Not saying any of it will happen, but we all play against That Guy once in a while.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#14 » Jan 07 2017 08:49

Interesting thoughts, however we could just imagine that the bike or pilot has a multi tracker as do Battlesuit pilots. And both weapons have to shot the same target so I don't think it would be a big issue. But if someone manages to get two pilots on that would look cool.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Jan 07 2017 10:35

Honestly I wouldn't change *BAD WORD DELETED!* on my models just to please a 'That Guy'. Just play someone else instead of wasting your time for someone like that. :D

DKzDK
Shas

Post#16 » Jan 12 2017 11:50

Re: Panzer

I know it's ab it off topic but;
Where did you happen to get your jump-packs for the Vespid conversion you did?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Jan 13 2017 07:45

DKzDK wrote:Re: Panzer

I know it's ab it off topic but;
Where did you happen to get your jump-packs for the Vespid conversion you did?

There you go https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=234 ;)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#18 » Jan 29 2017 09:54

Much has been said already, but yes, very effective kit for combining with Tau forces. Uncanny cutaways and tri-vent details.

Return to “Modelling”