Plastic Commander vs Resin Commander size?

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Sitzkrieg
Shas

Plastic Commander vs Resin Commander size?

Post#1 » Jan 07 2017 09:50

Hello, I was wondering if my fellow tau players/modellers could help me. A while back, I decided to pick up a bunch of the 6th edition resin tau commanders to convert into standard suits for a small token retribution (iirc) cadre instead of updating my whole army's worth of models. Since then, the plastic tau commander has come out and I haven't been able to find a pic of the two side by side to compare the sizes. The only pic I've seen online with searches on google and bing was Paulson's pic of the plastic commander next to the resin farsight model. I was hoping to use the plastic commander as an iridium suit and was wondering if someone here has both and could take and post a quick cell phone pic of them side by side to gauge the relative size differences between them. Many thanks in advance!

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Re: Plastic Commander vs Resin Commander size?

Post#2 » Jan 08 2017 10:10

Hey Sitzkrieg. If you check out my Cadre link in my profile, on the last page I have both side by side.

Czar Ziggy

Sitzkrieg
Shas

Re: Plastic Commander vs Resin Commander size?

Post#3 » Jan 10 2017 04:47

Thanks for the post! It does look relatively equivalent but not too out of place. It seems like the bigger bulk is especially evident in the chest. I'm not sure if it'll be more appropriate as a commander suit (since I'm using the old resin commanders as normal xv8) or an iridium suit. If anyone else has pics from different angles or such, feel free to post them as well!

Return to “Modelling”