Advice needed

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Befiros
Shas

Advice needed

Post#1 » Feb 01 2017 12:20

Hello my fellow commanders, I am planning to get more kroot models but i don't like them at all and I want to build a group of different races to show some kind of mercenary force, I already have some lizardmen converted to kroot and I think I will purchase a pack from mantic games that comes with a mix of races. I also have some sylvaneth dryads and I want to convert them but I don't know if regular kroot arms will look good on them, what do you think? Dou you know a better alternative to convert those dryads?
Sorry for my english, is not my main language.

Here is a picture of the pack

red'gue'vesa
Shas'La

Re: Advice needed

Post#2 » Feb 01 2017 02:35

I really like the red "monkey" things. Make their guns krooty and you'll be good to go. As for the dryads, maybe incorporate th guns into the branches (don't use the kroot arms). I can imagine the dryads with gun barrels coming out of their branches scream "eat bark green skin scum!"
Live by the law, die by the sword

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#3 » Feb 01 2017 02:57

Try test-fitting with blu-tack first for the Kroot arms on the Dryads, but I tend to agree with red'gue'vesa that they would probably look best with guns modelled into their arms. I like the insectoid model (top right) - could be a vespid stand in?

kak'ray
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 01 2017 07:23

Quote "like the red "monkey" things." So do I, who's figures are they ?

red'gue'vesa
Shas'La

Post#5 » Feb 01 2017 09:57

kak'ray wrote:Quote "like the red "monkey" things." So do I, who's figures are they ?

I believe they said mantic games, but I'm not sure which line.

Shasfio
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 02 2017 02:21

Personally I'd take a whack at the dryads, I'd think kroot arms would fit well on them. If not well dryad's barkskin is fairly tolerant to mistakes when it comes to just greenstuffing modifications to make something fit.

Befiros
Shas

Post#7 » Feb 02 2017 06:34

Thanks a lot for your advices

red'gue'vesa wrote:I really like the red "monkey" things. Make their guns krooty and you'll be good to go. As for the dryads, maybe incorporate th guns into the branches (don't use the kroot arms). I can imagine the dryads with gun barrels coming out of their branches scream "eat bark green skin scum!"

My lizardmen kroot conversion don't have kroot weapons, i think i keep the weapons in the models changing some of them but I want some diversity with the weapons, I don't think i will field kroot in a tournament and my gaming group don't mind if I use different models.

Ironsky wrote:Try test-fitting with blu-tack first for the Kroot arms on the Dryads, but I tend to agree with red'gue'vesa that they would probably look best with guns modelled into their arms. I like the insectoid model (top right) - could be a vespid stand in?

That insectoid looking guy could be perfect to proxy some vespid but I already have some jetpack firewarriors with new heads to use as vespid so I think that guy is staying on the ground.

I need some more models so I think I will use some firewarriors and nasty eldar bits to make some elite warriors to stand as shapers.

kak'ray
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 02 2017 07:25

Thanks red'gue'vesa found them, correct Mantic Games Deadzone Rebs range. Shame only part of a pack. Still nice.

red'gue'vesa
Shas'La

Post#9 » Feb 03 2017 08:07

kak'ray wrote:Thanks red'gue'vesa found them, correct Mantic Games Deadzone Rebs range. Shame only part of a pack. Still nice.

I wonder if they would sell them in separate packs if we contacted them. Probably not though. I'm not sure how that game works, but their rules are probably clumped together.

OP- do you know if each creature has a specific name within that set?

Befiros
Shas

Post#10 » Feb 03 2017 05:31

there is another company with alternative figures, here is the link (http://www.cpmodelsminiatures.co.uk/28m ... ration.htm) if you skroll down there is an insectoid looking dude that can be a good vespid.

Return to “Modelling”