Ta'unar leg position opinion

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Bphillips03
Shas'Saal

Ta'unar leg position opinion

Post#1 » Feb 22 2017 10:38

Hello all, so my thinking reasoning behind the positions of the legs in the images below are such. The ta'unar is getting ready to fire his POMD and is taking up a good supported body position. For some this may seem like a waste to time to get this in depth with a model. For me it really gives my models that character and really makes them unique. The best way to describe the look I'm going good for is the way iron man looked when he fired his chest beam at Obadiah.
Please forgive my hands being in the pic.

The first two images I have the thighs/hips in a straight line, for the most part.

In the next two images you will notice that the hips/thighs are angled outwards just a little bit.

Which position do you guys and gals think would look better and why? If neither, what would you recommend for positioning and basing idea. I want to do something elaborate for this models base. Nothing too crazy, but really make it pop nonetheless.
Thank you.

El'mo
Shas'El

Re: Ta'unar leg position opinion

Post#2 » Feb 23 2017 01:19

The angled hips look better to me and is also a similar pose to the one I went for :D

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#3 » Feb 23 2017 06:38

I haven't spent a lot of time with the TuSA, mostly just admiring a buddy's. But it seems like the default base is incredibly small for the model. As such, basing and posing are limited.
It seems like you are making your own larger base? Or is that object a ubiquitous rest for your hobbying? That's probably a good start.

I can't provide any great recommendations, as I don't actually have much hobby under my belt. But my current plan for my eventual Ta'unar is to either get a larger base, or use two smaller bases, one for each foot. Depending on what I can do with the rest of the model, I plan to build a low wall (perhaps brick or stone made from clipped sprue), and pose my suit part way through the gait-cycle, with one foot planted, and one mid-swing. I'd like to have the swinging foot "kicking" through the wall, modeling debris and impact clouds. I'll pin the swinging foot in the cloud/wall there for stability. If I can get some mud right, I'll have a Taunar footprint or two as well.

Bphillips03
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 24 2017 08:40

@El'Mo, wow that's an amazing paint job. I've seen those on google! Thank you.

@SinisterSamurai, yes I actually to use that cork board as the base. It's more durable than the one it cam with and will work well for me magnetizing the feet and the rest of the model for transportation purposes.

Bphillips03
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Feb 25 2017 11:14

Ta'naur base so far. All of my Tau bases are an overgrown urban theme. Washed the rocks with agrax, washed all the grey with athonian camo shade and plan on doing rust on the metal scraps.

Return to “Modelling”