Wow there's a lot of conversion work you did there!
Let's see if can get everything you did here.
- Helmets from Breachers (you gave us that one).
- Shoulder shields on the chests
- Cut away most of the outer cowling on the suit
- The bases are those clear plastic coasters (called?) used to keep table legs from scratching the floor, and then painted and the tips of plastic plants.
- Then you painted the activation of the stealth field; which I almost missed, because you matched the plants so well.
Did I get everything?
I Do like the larger bases for the XV-25 suits. I been using terminator bases since 4th edition for mind.
Thanks TauMan, almost got it all.
-The Shoulder pad on the chest as you said.
-A crisis suit kneepad on the lower chest below the shoulder pad
-Bases were GW bases with the top cut away, and plasticard glued to the bottom, making the 'hollow' base. Then Plastic plants, and some water effects to make it swampy. (Can't see it well, will upload more later)
- There are a couple of extras there too, one has a left arm from Long strike, a Tyranid carapace as a shoulder pad, one uses the commander burst cannon, and lastly there's a fin/aerial from the commander suit which marks the Shas'vre. The other minor conversions are for the 3 specialists.
Liking the transition effect, nicely done, the gloss also sells the organic basing
Thanks Tael, I've always been a fan of a clear lacquer finish on Tau, though I know it isn't for everyone
Have a Shadow War pathfinder team next on the list to do, plus plenty of other crisis suits to finish off. Will get some pictures up when they're finished.