Modelling the 4x Fusion Blaster Commander

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Modelling the 4x Fusion Blaster Commander

Post#1 » Jun 10 2017 12:52

One thing I know many of us will include in our lists is the fearsome 4x Fusion Blaster commander! How do you plan on modelling this beast? Two FBs on each arm? Or put one on each arm and each shoulder?

What's your plan for the 4x Fusion Blaster Commander?

Pogman
Shas'Saal

Re: Modelling the 4x Fusion Blaster Commander

Post#2 » Jun 10 2017 01:03

Seeing as I already have a model that is infamous in my community for his dual fusion blaster ways, and as he has two on his shoulders as it stands. I think Ol' Crisis Bob just got himself up an promotion to Commander Bob.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Jun 10 2017 01:34

Pogman wrote:Seeing as I already have a model that is infamous in my community for his dual fusion blaster ways, and as he has two on his shoulders as it stands. I think Ol' Crisis Bob just got himself up an promotion to Commander Bob.

That's O'Bob to you!

Dut'ch
Shas

Post#4 » Jun 10 2017 01:56

I'd probably stick two fusion blasters together and then have two of each underneath each forearm. I've yet to assemble my Commander so might have a go at doing that after I finish painting my Riptide and share the pictures.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jun 10 2017 06:37

Depends on how I feel like and where the magnets are. Seriously, magnetize your Commander and Crisis unless you go for a very specific narrative with that model. :D

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jun 10 2017 07:48

There are bits available in the nee crisis box, the broadside box and the riptide kit that are great for twin-linking an underslung weapon. That's likely what I'll do. And it's easy to magnetize.

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jun 18 2017 11:38

I used to think that shadowsun with 2 of them was overkill.

Now having 4 of them on a commander isn't enough...

I personally love the model for the cyclic ion blaster, i'll just tell my opponents that its now a cyclic fusion blaster that proxies for 3 of the fusions... that way the model still looks nice without the ugly fusion spam all over it.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Jun 19 2017 01:14

deathboon wrote:There are bits available in the nee crisis box, the broadside box and the riptide kit that are great for twin-linking an underslung weapon. That's likely what I'll do. And it's easy to magnetize.

There's a twin-linking bit in the new Crisis box? Sweet! I haven't bought one yet but I'll take a look. Could be cool to pick up.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Jun 20 2017 08:38

deathboon wrote:There are bits available in the nee crisis box, the broadside box and the riptide kit that are great for twin-linking an underslung weapon. That's likely what I'll do. And it's easy to magnetize.

I've looked at the XV8 sprue diagrams and I'm not seeing this part. Sorry, maybe I'm just missing it. Could you show me a picture or point the piece out for me?

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jun 20 2017 09:00

i know the bit hes talking about, pretty sure it only comes in the riptide (and variants) kits.
Could be wrong though, i haven't bought a crisis suit (NIB) in years...

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Jun 20 2017 09:09

I'm fairly confident it is in the crysis box at least twice, it can be used as a twin linker or as a support system with the 2 additional bits.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jun 20 2017 10:03

Yeah there are two of those in the Crisis box. Number 75. However it doesn't look much different than just gluing two weapons side by side anyway.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#13 » Jun 20 2017 06:56

Gragagrogog wrote:I'm fairly confident it is in the crysis box at least twice, it can be used as a twin linker or as a support system with the 2 additional bits.

Thanks! Looks like a useful bit- but looking at the antenna, it looks like it's meant to be mounted on top of the jet pack, I assume? Could be funny to put all four Fusion Blasters up on top of the jet pack :P

Gragagrogog wrote:crysis box

Not trying to be nit-picky at all, but has "Crisis" ever been spelled with a "y"? Or are there non-English editions that spell it as "crysis"? I've seen that spelling on this forum, not sure where it came from.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Jun 20 2017 07:14

Well, let's just say I played a computer game instead of reading a book.

JustGreg
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Jun 20 2017 08:57

Gragagrogog wrote:Well, let's just say I played a computer game instead of reading a book.

I go to type crisis and head for the "y" too... Every. Single. Time.

If it weren't clearly a nod to the game, I'd say it's cooler that way anyway.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Jun 20 2017 10:16

JustGreg wrote:
Gragagrogog wrote:Well, let's just say I played a computer game instead of reading a book.

Was there a Tau video game which used the spelling "crysis" or do you mean the actual game called Crysis?

JustGreg
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Jun 20 2017 10:46

Arka0415 wrote:
JustGreg wrote:

Was there a Tau video game which used the spelling "crysis" or do you mean the actual game called Crysis?

I mean "Maximum strength, Maximum speed, Cloak engaged". ;)

Also "Adapt, Engage, Survive" seems pretty much what we have to do with T'au now eh.

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#18 » Jun 20 2017 10:53

I did mine like this using a standard suit, I'll probably remake it with a commander body. They also work pretty well with an over the shoulder mount, the resin parts are from http://www.RedDogMInis.com

Return to “Modelling”