Tau tigershark cockpit

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Cgreeves
Shas

Tau tigershark cockpit

Post#1 » Jun 21 2017 05:25

Hi guys, first time poster here.

I was gifted a tigershark around 10-12 years ago by my dad and it fell into disrepair. I have recently taken the hobby back up again and was thinking this would be an awesome addition to my now growing tau army.

Unfortunately my 12 year old self was not very careful with his models and I am missing the cockpit.

I have contacted FW and they say then can't help me.

So my question is this, does anyone have any ideas how I could make one to fit in or get my hands on one?

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Mon'von
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Tau tigershark cockpit

Post#2 » Jun 21 2017 06:04

Kael'yn actually has a 3D printing Shop and might be able to help you out with this, he's posted in this forum about spare parts quite recently visit this post
http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24364

There is a link to his store there and you may find it very useful.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd" Fate remains inexorable

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jun 22 2017 03:55

Ye, 3D printing is your only choice if you can't find some1 with yet unassembled Tiger shark willing to re-cast one part. (Note, that this breaks GW's copyright) And from what I've seen in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo5J_HF8m3Q the cockpit isn't trivial to draw, some precise measurements would be needed to make it fit the rest.

BillyBones
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jun 22 2017 04:40

You could try to make an alternative from a devilfish.

Cgreeves
Shas

Post#5 » Jun 30 2017 05:59

Thanks for the replies guys I was thinking of trying to cannabalise a piranha and some plasticard, Im so annoyed at my younger self for not taking better care of it!

davethepak
Shas

Post#6 » Aug 04 2017 01:16

I have worked on them before, and one thing I would suggest - don't make it removable, its just a pain.

I would try to convert something like a piranha nose, or something like that. or maybe look at the front end of a razorshark fuselage.

Best of luck!

Return to “Modelling”