How to made... Homemade Cyclic Ion Blaster tutorial

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Axioma_TAU
Shas'La
Shas'La

How to made... Homemade Cyclic Ion Blaster tutorial

Post#1 » Jul 23 2017 08:25

Hi!!

The 8th edition arises, and some of us find the same problem: We don´t have enough cyclic ion blasters, these bits are very difficult/expensive to get.

I thought about it, and create my own cyclic ion blaster version.

This one:

It´s relative cheap kitbashing (you only need a Pathfinder ion rifle, and a XV8 burst cannon for each cyclic ion blaster), in my own personal experience, two weapons that I don´t usually use often, because my pathfinders only equipped carabines and ML, and for Crisis I want to use the Cyclic Ion Blasters, and some other different weapons like flamers, FB, or plasma rifles...

Well!! Then... if you have the necessary bits (pathfinder ion rifle and burst cannon) and you need the cyclic ion blasters... Keep reading this little tutorial.

STEP ZERO:
-The materials... (for 3 Cyclic ion blasters). No words needed. ;)

STEP ONE:
-Take the pathfinder´s ion rifle, and cut the rear part (that looks like an antenna). This part will be the rear part of our CIB.

Note: See the Ion Rifle on the left.

STEP TWO:
-Cut and separate the handle and the barrel from the pathfinder´s Ion Rifle. We will use the barrel later. Sand if necessary.
Also, under the Pathfinder´s arm there is a small cylinder-ball part that belongs to the weapon , cut and separate this part. We will use it later, it will be part of our CIB.

STEP THREE:
-First: Look at the ion rifle´s antenna on the left that we cut two steps before. Cut, separate and discard the corner-shaped part of the antenna (we don´t need it)
Also, take the burst cannon , cut and separate the rear cylinder part (the ammo part), and the cannons like you can see on the picture.
We will use the antenna part of the ion rifle, the main body of the burst cannon, one of the thinner burst cannon´s barrels, and three of the four thicker parts of the burst cannon´s barrels (the parts of the barrels that looks like a cylinders).

STEP FOUR:
-Then, glue the antenna part on the burst cannon main body´s rear.
Add the cylinder-ball part of the Ion Rifle on the bottom of the burst cannon main body.
Glue the three thicker cylinder barrels on the circular front part of the burst cannon, forming a triangle shape.
-In this point, I add in the centre of these three cylinder barrels the thinner burst cannon barrel´s part. (Not visible in the picture), or instead of this part, you could add a little cylindrical section chopped from a plastic ear-rod (you can see the plastic ear rod on the picture in the STEP ZERO).

STEP FIVE:
-Glue the circular part of the front part of the burst cannon barrels in front of the three cylinders of before.
Then, glue the Ion Rifle barrel on the front of all.
Taraaaaaaaa!!! Our CIB is finished!!! Only in five steps :)

ADDITIONAL VIEWS:

Hope you like it!!!
Sorry for my awful english!! I´m not a native speaker! :fear:
Last edited by Axioma_TAU on Jul 23 2017 02:58, edited 3 times in total.

Axioma_TAU
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: How to made... Homemade Cyclic Ion Blaster tutorial

Post#2 » Jul 23 2017 08:36

Sorry, maybe you can´t see the images.
If this is correct, I´ll try fix it.
Provisionally, this is the link to my photobucket´s library, where you can see the images from this tutorial.
Sorry!

http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/franc ... t=3&page=1

Pilchard
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 23 2017 08:38

Great tutorial but photobucket not displaying the images.

Axioma_TAU
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jul 23 2017 08:47

Pilchard wrote:Great tutorial but photobucket not displaying the images.

Thanks Pilchard! I suppose that need to find another hosting company for my pictures. I read about it, and I´ve found that photobucket avoid sharing the images in forums or another websites (3th hosting).

I´ll looking for some other hosting companies, and I´ll try to share one more time this tutorial with ATT.

Sorry, dudes! :sad:

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jul 23 2017 08:59

Axioma_TAU wrote:
Pilchard wrote:Great tutorial but photobucket not displaying the images.

Thanks Pilchard! I suppose that need to find another hosting company for my pictures. I read about it, and I´ve found that photobucket avoid sharing the images in forums or another websites (3th hosting).

I´ll looking for some other hosting companies, and I´ll try to share one more time this tutorial with ATT.

Sorry, dudes! :sad:

http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26083

Axioma_TAU
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Jul 23 2017 09:17

Thank you, Panzer!! :)

I'll fix the hosting of my images this week.
Please, don't remove this tutorial. I promise update it in the next days.

Thanks to all!

Axioma_TAU
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#7 » Jul 23 2017 02:58

Fixed using imgur!! Thanks for all the help and advices!! :)

Hope you like it!!

Pilchard
Shas

Post#8 » Aug 02 2017 01:23

Just made 20 of these, great work and saved me a lot of messing about and money!

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » Aug 02 2017 03:09

This is fantastic. Thanks for posting it.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#10 » Sep 08 2017 09:18

Great tutorial, and a very useful bit to boot. I might be using some of these, or at the very least using it as a reference to build something. Well done.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#11 » Sep 12 2017 06:47

Great idea and now part of ATT's Modelling Resources. :D

Return to “Modelling”