Alternative Firesight Marksman

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Alternative Firesight Marksman

Post#1 » Jul 23 2017 05:00

I'm not a fan of the firesight marksman model (or the price :P ) so o decided to kitbash my own. The next step is to model some fire warriors with upgraded rifles and perhaps capes. My idea is the marksman is the veteran that directs the fire of the younger less experienced snipers.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Alternative Firesight Marksman

Post#2 » Jul 23 2017 08:31

MNGamer wrote:I'm not a fan of the firesight marksman model (or the price :P ) so o decided to kitbash my own. The next step is to model some fire warriors with upgraded rifles and perhaps capes. My idea is the marksman is the veteran that directs the fire of the younger less experienced snipers.

I'd honestly keep the Drones or else it just becomes weird.
Firewarrior with BS5+ who are a dedicated sniper unit? Not even with a particularly powerful weapon? And they can sacrifice themselves for any infantry or battlesuit? Like, what? Oh and not to forget they'd need jetpacks to explain the Fly rules. :D
And to explain why they don't benefit from stuff that affects other Infantry but instead get affected by things that would affect drones will be very "interesting" as well. :D (though I guess you could model them on slightly higher hovering drones from the Ethereal box).

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Re: Alternative Firesight Marksman

Post#3 » Jul 23 2017 09:46

True, I guess it makes sense from a rules standpoint to use drones. I wish we had a better sniper unit, or if they felt a mortal wound on a 6+ like most other snipers.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

Return to “Modelling”