<HELP NEEDED> Vespid Conversion

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

<HELP NEEDED> Vespid Conversion

Post#1 » Jul 25 2017 12:30

Hey Gang,

I got these jetpacks recently to convert some fire warriors into Vespid stand-ins

I've run into the same issue i'm assuming others have already encountered where the intake for the jetpack gets in the way of the head.

I doubt trimming the helmet would work at all, and trimming the intake would ruin the clean sculpt and look shoddy.

If anyone has resolved this already i'd love to see what you did.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: <HELP NEEDED> Vespid Conversion

Post#2 » Jul 25 2017 12:35

It's true that it's not a 100% fit, but it easily works out with some greenstuff between their back and the pack.

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 25 2017 01:04

i think i have some greenstuff somewhere, never used it thought. Might be about 10 years old though :eek:
Does that stuff have a used-by date, lol.
I'm actually a conversion rookie!

I'll give that a go though.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jul 25 2017 01:37

Could you use a temporary adhesive like blu-tac and show us the problem? I'm afraid I can't really visualize it.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jul 25 2017 01:38

The green stuff shouldn't rly age in the "degradation" sense(unless you store in in high temperatures or UV light), however, some softeners (it might contain) might have leaked out (to the air, very slowly) so it will be more viscous, and the way they pack it into tape leaves the 2 parts free to difuse and harden...

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jul 25 2017 06:06

Stick a drone to it. Vespid drones.

Do you have a link so I can buy one?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jul 25 2017 06:10

Knives wrote:Stick a drone to it. Vespid drones.

Do you have a link so I can buy one?

https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=234

As you can see, there's supposed to be some armor between the pack and the back which Firewarrior obviously don't have. Also I think it looks bad anyway so I simply glued it a bit lower (the air intake basically ends right below the helmet) and put some greenstuff in the open space that's left.
I don't have any pics where you could see it though so you're imagination will have to do. :D

Hungry_Bert
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jul 25 2017 06:33

I've got some greenstuffthat is a good number of years old and it still works for me.

If you have the GW stuff I recommend not using the strip down the middle where the blue and yellow join. This area will have already reacted and hardened slightly.

I'm working on trying to mimic the Paulson jetpack design by taking apart an xv15 jetpack and combining it with the stabalisers and fins off of a sniper drone.

Isaac
Shas

Post#9 » Jul 25 2017 07:30

I converted some vespids with the same jump packs and spare ion rifles, I just connected them with some greenstuff (Its a little rough)

Edit: fixed image links
Last edited by Isaac on Jul 25 2017 07:55, edited 2 times in total.
For The Greater Good :fear:

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jul 25 2017 07:40

Isaac wrote:I converted some vespids with the same jump packs and spare ion rifles, I just connected them with some greenstuff (Its a little rough)

You might want to switch from photobucket. ;)

Isaac
Shas

Post#11 » Jul 25 2017 07:44

Thats annoying :( it looked like it was just working, here is a link until i get it fixed http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/isaacparsons/media/vespid1.jpg.html?t=1500899356
What site would you recommend?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jul 25 2017 07:52

Isaac wrote:Thats annoying :( it looked like it was just working, here is a link until i get it fixed http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/isaacparsons/media/vespid1.jpg.html?t=1500899356
What site would you recommend?

Linking it like that doesn't work either obviously. Photobucket simply doesn't allow sharing pictures anymore unless you pay them a huge amount of money.

I recommend Imgur, however they stated that they don't want to get used as pure image hosting service so there is the possibility of running into trouble with them as well.
However there are plenty other options as well: http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26083&p=330520&hilit=image#p330520

Isaac
Shas

Post#13 » Jul 25 2017 07:57

Think I got it working now, thanks for the help :D

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Jul 25 2017 08:00

Return to “Modelling”