Hazardous environment ethereal

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Shas'O Bentu'nan
Shas

Hazardous environment ethereal

Post#1 » Jul 26 2017 11:14

So my army is themed around being on lava fields with active lava flows. Because of this all my tau have helmets on. I would like to make a ethereal mod that is in a full suit of armor including a helmet, as presumably the either the heat or poisonous gases would prove lethal within seconds without it.

I just have no idea where to start.

I know that it wouldnt look right to shove a firewarrior helmet on a ethereal.

Does anyone have any ideas of models to start with? Or maybe some heads or other bits that could be of use?

Any help would be awesome.
Commander wiseblade

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Hazardous environment ethereal

Post#2 » Jul 26 2017 11:36

Shas'O Bentu'nan wrote:So my army is themed around being on lava fields with active lava flows. Because of this all my tau have helmets on. I would like to make a ethereal mod that is in a full suit of armor including a helmet, as presumably the either the heat or poisonous gases would prove lethal within seconds without it.

I just have no idea where to start.

I know that it wouldnt look right to shove a firewarrior helmet on a ethereal.

Does anyone have any ideas of models to start with? Or maybe some heads or other bits that could be of use?

Any help would be awesome.

I agree that a Fire Warrior helmet wouldn't look right. There are some really cool re-breathers in the Imperial Guard model line, you could consider one of those. Here's the one from the Commander box:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/20 ... %2C000.jpg

Shas'O Bentu'nan
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 26 2017 11:43

May be able to greenstuff something like that. Be hard to jack that off the face. Not a bad idea! I was considering using one of wargaming exclusive's line of fireblades as the base for the full armor. Maybe i can take a tau head bit and replace the helmeted head, model the rebreathing tube and call it a day.

Like this guy as the base

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/great ... katn-28mm/
Commander wiseblade

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jul 27 2017 12:24

I'd definitely go with a re-breather. Maybe not with lots of cables and tubes and stuff but a slim futuristic looking design. That should be relatively easy to make as well since unless you want the Ethereal to look more brutal it would only barely has to cover the mouth&nose slit area.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Jul 27 2017 12:28

Shas'O Bentu'nan wrote:May be able to greenstuff something like that. Be hard to jack that off the face. Not a bad idea!

There's no need, it's a bit! You can probably get it on eBay. I bought a bunch in bulk years ago for some Kill Team conversions.

Return to “Modelling”