Mike's Work in Progress Tau Army

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Mike's Work in Progress Tau Army

Post#1 » Aug 29 2017 11:06

Currently I have been building a Tau force and I been working hard to make it have a Gue'vesa unit.

So far here is the progress I made

The tank next to it is a The Corps! Elite fast response tank I found at a local Walmart. I was thinking of customizing them into some Gue'vesa like tanks. So far i'm awaiting the parts I ordered to start the customization process.

And here is the firewarriors, Gue'vesa, and Stealth Suits I have completed already. Currently waiting on some heads for the Gue'vesas to arrive so pardon the headless man.

and this one took FOREVER to upload on Flickr. was kind of annoying but it finally decided to upload

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Mike's Work in Progress Tau Army

Post#2 » Aug 30 2017 03:48

Nice, are you using Victoria miniatures there?

Look forward to work on the futuristic tank :)

joc-wi
Shas

Post#3 » Sep 02 2017 01:55

I like the tank. Might I ask where you found it?

MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Sep 03 2017 10:01

Tael wrote:Nice, are you using Victoria miniatures there?

Look forward to work on the futuristic tank :)

Yup!. I wanted to get some female Gue'vesas for my forces and I am awaiting some female tau firewarriors from Zealot miniatures as well.

I like the tank. Might I ask where you found it?

It's a The Corps! Elite First Response Action Vehicle. I found them at Wal-Mart when I was helping a friend look for some CB radio stuff. I also found them on Amazon as well.

So far what I have done in the past few days

Got 1 of 2 stealth suit squads completed. I just love the 25s the design looks very nice and i'm a stickler for burst cannons

I also finally received my shapeways order for Farsight enclave pauldrons. I have one set for regular Tau forces one for Auxiliaries it's sadly hard to see with the camera since the plastic they use is the clear stuff for high detail :(

and now progress on the tank. Funny enough I bought some leman russ bodies to chop shop onto the tank and made a discovery

I knew the Lemas russ were tiny ,but dang... never knew by how much. anyway

using the body of this mech toy (which i wanted to use as a base for gue'vesa sentinels ,but the legs the back is hallow along with the torso ,but the torso makes for a good gun port, Along with some left over Tau Bits and Heavy Gear Blitz bits (mainly from a Mammoth Strider) here is what I got so far

A fellow tau player that is a good friend of mine commented on how he likes the look so far. This thing i just need to even out the green stuff for the fusion blaster gun port and it's done ,but I ran into a little problem.

the bottom of this is pretty hallow. I can see where the seat of the regular figure sits and the hollowness of the treads. I did cover the body portion with old plastic from bits ,but I would like some suggestions for what I could do to fill up the area connecting the treads to the body. I was thinking cardboard ,but I don't mind hearing suggestions from others as well

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#5 » Sep 12 2017 06:29

The tank has realy come along. I'm not sold on the rear sponsons though. I think its the odd angle they sit at. Regardless, a fun kitbash and unique addition to standard Tau gear :)

Return to “Modelling”