Gue'vesa Scouts

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
joc-wi
Shas

Gue'vesa Scouts

Post#1 » Sep 15 2017 10:47

As mentioned here, I am working on a gas-masked Gue'vesa army. My speed is slow, but since I worked on several things at the same time, I finished my pathfinders.
Originally I planned to used those Death-Korps of Krieg soldiers as regular Firewariors. But since their usual armor is the same as a scout's, I decided to make scouts out of them.
Since the scouts can carry rail- and ion-rifles, I finally found a good place for that female miniature. She obviously looks a bit different than the other soldiers, but she has fitting blue fabric-parts, a gas-mask (one of the most important criteria in this army :D ) and her rather "bold" armor seems more like the 5+ of a pathfinder than the more heavy armor of other units in the game.
I am thinking of making her the Warlord of the army. Also, I would like to make her Shas'ui - but read-as-written it seems to me like only shas'la-pathfinders can carry the special weapons. Does anybody here know something about that?

The modelling process was relatively simple. I took the entire arms of firewariors and put them on the torsos. Those arms are a bit less delicate than the torsos, so as a result the soldiers look slightly more muskular than they do in their original state. I did not change the three-finger-hand, since I believe nobody will ever check. Due to different shoulder-width, it was sometimes hard to have the left hand on a good position on the gun.
You might notice that these are not original pathfinder's guns. I took usual puls-rifles and put part of a drone-antenna on there as a marker-light(er?).
Works well enough.

I cannot claim that the painting is perfect. However, this is the part of the hobby that bores me most, so after some efford I said "enough is enough". I might improve details later on, though.

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Gue'vesa Scouts

Post#2 » Sep 15 2017 08:45

Good work man!!! It's great that somone is trying to recreate the former Gue'vesa allies of the previous editions. Sad that forge world decided to remove them from sale during the previous edition, and that they didn't bring them back. I would reccomend not using the female model, as I get a lot of flack IRL for using my 'fanboy-design' shadowsun. Those models certainly look a lot...you know, I'm just not going to go there. Anyway, where r you to get rules for 8th from??? I'd think that you'd probably just use Imperial Guard conscipt stats with the addition of pulse weapons as the gear.
Star Trek has returned. Imagine enterprise times Movie 5. Then times by cancer. That's how bad this series is.

joc-wi
Shas

Post#3 » Sep 18 2017 12:15

I would reccomend not using the female model, as I get a lot of flack IRL for using my 'fanboy-design' shadowsun. Those models certainly look a lot...you know, I'm just not going to go there.

That is actually an interesting topic. In a culture like the US or Great Britain, I imagine the "nakedness" is a big problem.
Here in Germany it might be more the topic of sexism: "Why are the females half-naked, but the males are not?"
And I have to agree to that argument. I certainly like that model (or others that have a certain eroticism). But I would welcome more options to make a mixed-gender army with women in the same armor as their male counterparts. I like the Eldar-armies in that regard. It is a bit sad that we have only one(!) female person in the entire codex/index.
The other side of the medal would be a view half-naked males. Interesting that naked female models are quite common, but one would never find a high-quality-model with a naked male.

(As a side-note on this topic: the figurines I got are bare-breasted, while those on the website of the manufacturer are covered. Did that change at some point of time? Did I get one of the last models that were produced that way?)

Anyway, where r you to get rules for 8th from??? I'd think that you'd probably just use Imperial Guard conscipt stats with the addition of pulse weapons as the gear.

Oh, I will play this army using tau rules. These will take exactly the same rules as Fire-Warior Scouts. Armor fits, weapon fits, and the lower WS can be explained by a different focus in training.

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Sep 18 2017 06:58

Quite different looking units (with the Piranha as well). Can't wait to see the army shot.
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives

Return to “Modelling”