Custom stim injector (support system)

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Custom stim injector (support system)

Post#1 » Nov 03 2017 01:35

Materials needed:
Greenstuff
extra "flying" base sprue (or any clear plastic cylinder)
Glitter paint (I used a green glitter Walmart brand ~$3)
Colored BIC sharpie('liquid' color, I used green)
Black paint (or black sharpie, color is preference)
Magnet (optional)

Notes. I put a layer of black on the clear cylinder to prevent Greenstuff being seen as green through the cylinder before I started using Greenstuff.

On the bottom cylinder used the green glitter glue first, then colored it with the green sharpie.
Last edited by Lostroninsoul on Dec 01 2017 05:38, edited 1 time in total.

Isshiresshi
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Re: Custom stim injector (support system)

Post#2 » Nov 03 2017 02:02

That is such a cool idea!

May I ask for a picture of it attached to one of your models? I'd love to see it! :D

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 03 2017 04:11

I am not home right now. But this was pre-coloring last night.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26615

See post 57 (page 4)

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 03 2017 05:58

My models paint jobs are works in progress. I been working on both models for the past month for tomorrow's local event Image
I painted my first miniature 9/4/17 (an ethereal), I'm no pro. I started Warhammer end of July as a hobby.

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 04 2017 05:31

Like the stim idea and the colour scheme :smile:

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Nov 04 2017 05:43

Looks a bit big and I'm not sure how much sense it makes as exterior support system since it's most likely something that gets injected into the pilot and not into the battlesuit. :D
But nice work still. ;)

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Nov 04 2017 07:24

Panzer wrote:Looks a bit big and I'm not sure how much sense it makes as exterior support system since it's most likely something that gets injected into the pilot and not into the battlesuit. :D
But nice work still. ;)

Actually I think that would make the least amount of sense if it went straight into the pilot because, how could a pilot have 20 life for a storm surge? Basic infantry would want to have a stem injector. It's an option only for robots. I think the stim injector helps the robot stay intact. Maybe it's like WD-40, liquid nanites, oil, or the liquefied hopes and dreams of those who oppose the greater good.*shrugs*

It looks a little bit big because it was an experimental project I slapped together on a whim of an idea. I lost my first attempt (found and present on commander in picture). Since time wasn't on my side, everything from paint job to stim injector was a rush job. Not a bad rush job if I say so myself, even though it's far from perfect.:)

Shas'O Ora
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Nov 04 2017 07:42

Really nice work.

I would mount it in an horizontal way perhaps on the back.
Military is always trying to keep as small as possible. ;)

But the injector itself looks really good.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Nov 04 2017 07:45

Lostroninsoul wrote:
Panzer wrote:Looks a bit big and I'm not sure how much sense it makes as exterior support system since it's most likely something that gets injected into the pilot and not into the battlesuit. :D
But nice work still. ;)

Actually I think that would make the least amount of sense if it went straight into the pilot because, how could a pilot have 20 life for a storm surge? Basic infantry would want to have a stem injector. It's an option only for robots. I think the stim injector helps the robot stay intact. Maybe it's like WD-40, liquid nanites, oil, or the liquefied hopes and dreams of those who oppose the greater good.*shrugs*

I like your explanation a lot! But, if that was the case, shouldn't it go into the reactor, or engine, or main chassis? Injecting WD-40 into the missile sight might not help! :P

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Nov 04 2017 07:56

Lostroninsoul wrote:
But nice work still. ;)

It looks a little bit big because it was an experimental project I slapped together on a whim of an idea. I lost my first attempt (found and present on commander in picture). Since time wasn't on my side, everything from paint job to stim injector was a rush job. Not a bad rush job if I say so myself, even though it's far from perfect.:)

Fair enough. I guess they simply really didn't think about it as much (also things like Stormsurges didn't exist at the time they introduced Stim Injectors).
Your explanation definitely works for an unofficial explanation though so consider my comment void. I'd attach it somewhere else then though. More central. Injecting nanites to repair damage anywhere on the suit so far off of the center shouldn't make much sense still. Especially not attached to the aiming module for the missiles. :P

ROFLTau
Shas

Post#11 » Nov 04 2017 05:10

Ooh, I must attempt this. It always bothered me that the one system had no physical representation. It ought to be visibly equipped, even though realistically it would be deep inside.

Orion7
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Nov 30 2017 12:40

I love it, I may have had to make one for myself

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Dec 01 2017 05:42

Orion7 wrote:I love it, I may have had to make one for myself

Sweet, if possible I would like to see how your version turned out :).

Return to “Modelling”