Fusion Blasters

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
xDefiantx
Shas

Fusion Blasters

Post#1 » Nov 04 2017 11:26

Where are people getting 8/12 of these extra? Currently trying to bluestuff/greenstuff some but they don't turn out looking "good enough" and bitz sites/ebay seem to be dry.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Fusion Blasters

Post#2 » Nov 04 2017 11:37

Frankly, most people already have them; buy enough XV8s and you'll have plenty soon enough.

The best source for Fusion Blasters (parts-per-box, not parts-per-money) is the XV8 box. Most people buy the "Start Collecting!" kit or the XV8 box set anyway, and you get for or five Fusion Blasters in that set alone. Besides that, eBay or online bits sellers are really the only good sources; they may be dry now, but you just need to wait. Fusion Blasters will show ups sooner or later.

Casting your own can be difficult, and getting results identical to GW's sculpts is pretty much impossible.

armisael
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 04 2017 01:22

After some time. You will find out that the real problem is CIB. :roll:

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 04 2017 03:18

just a little advice to casting, don't cast just with greenstuff, greenstuff is no good for casting, instead use brownstuff or brownstuff/greenstuff mixture (greystuff?) it comes out much better and is more durable as greenstuff is pretty much resin, so not great material, but brownstuff is basically the same base as the stuff you fix holes in cars with

melaniros
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 04 2017 06:23

armisael wrote:After some time. You will find out that the real problem is CIB. :roll:

Right ! Actually in what boxes can i find CIB?? The " start collecting" had none of them and they seem to be really rare. I'm reading everywhere how useful they are...

Oh by the way! Hello!! It's my first post! :smile:

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Nov 04 2017 06:29

melaniros wrote:
armisael wrote:After some time. You will find out that the real problem is CIB. :roll:

Right ! Actually in what boxes can i find CIB?? They seem to be really rare and i'm reading everywhere how useful they are...

In the Commander box. And there's only one in each box. Same with AFP. And now imagine trying to equip a Crisis unit with it. :D

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Nov 04 2017 06:31

melaniros wrote:Right ! Actually in what boxes can i find CIB?? They seem to be really rare and i'm reading everywhere how useful they are...

Welcome!

Anyway, here's a great source for 3rd-party CIB options. Frankly they're better than GW's pieces. Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=26729

melaniros
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Nov 05 2017 02:19

Thanks for the info!! :D they look really beaytiful!
Are they allowed in a tournaments??

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#9 » Nov 05 2017 03:56

Another source for CIB and Fusion blasters is Shapeways.

I have bought both of these and they are ok.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Nov 05 2017 04:43

melaniros wrote:Thanks for the info!! :D they look really beaytiful!

Depends on the tournament (as always) but usually 3rd party bitz are allowed as long as it's not in a GW store.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#11 » Nov 05 2017 06:18

Panzer wrote:
melaniros wrote:Thanks for the info!! :D they look really beaytiful!

Depends on the tournament (as always) but usually 3rd party bitz are allowed as long as it's not in a GW store.

Playing with an obviously non-GW model in a GW store isn't okay of course, but the weapon on a unit? I don't think the average store manager would care, let alone notice.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Nov 06 2017 12:24

I would say as long as it's glued to/magnetised on GW model and it's clear what the bit is representing, if someone gives you trouble you can tell them to screw off, its just a little conversion of original GW model after all

Return to “Modelling”