How to avoid identical Fireblades?

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

How to avoid identical Fireblades?

Post#1 » Nov 04 2017 09:21

In my current list I plan to have two Fireblades. However, I'm worried that two mono-pose Fireblades will look strange!

Does anyone know any simple conversions that could make them look a little different?

I'm already thinking about giving one a helmet and pistol while the other has no helmet and a bonding knife. It's that static pose I can't change though!

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: How to avoid identical Fireblades?

Post#2 » Nov 04 2017 09:46

If you're wanting to give your Shas'nel a helmet, then you should know that you're likely going to have to cut off that triangular vent thing on the model's back. It is possible to just about fit a Firewarrior helmet onto the model with the vent in place, or better yet reversed, but there's almost no room for vertical movement.

The Fireblade model's head also comes attached to a chunk of the body, so you'll need to fill in some of the body with greenstuff to make a helmeted head fit.

Aside from that, I've found it's fairly straightforward to alter the pose by altering the legs. The method I used was to cut one leg in half at the knee, then join it together using wire and greenstuff to make a bent leg.

The result looks thus:

Other minor conversions present include replacing the knife hand with a grenade hand from the (4th edition) Firewarrior kit, and adding a pair of data-cables connecting the Shas'nel's markerlight to her helmet using florist wire. A 3rd/4th edition Firewarrior bonding knife was also added to the back.

The raised arm seems like it could be cut off and reposed or replaced simply enough as well, but I never attempted this.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Nov 04 2017 09:47

One thing you could consider is changing out the base of one, and doing up a custom base. I used a pistol for my Fireblade instead of the knife, because it seemed more sensible given that he doesn't actually get to use a melee weapon in combat. They don't get to use a pistol either, but it still made more sense. If you want to use a pistol and helmet, then I'm sure you already know that thrse parts will have to come from a Fire Warrior kit. The helmet will be harder to work with; there's some armour behind his head that you're going to need to remove or modify to make room for the back of the helmet. You're also going to need some green stuff to fill in the neck area below the helmet, so you don't end up with odd looking empty space under his head.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Nov 05 2017 01:16

https://m.facebook.com/ShasO-Dres-Farsi ... 396712601/

This guy has some really cool conversions. There’s one in particular that I couldn’t find atm where it was Shadowsuns body with the fire blades arms.

Or I’d take a look at the “Greater Good “ line by some company that I can’t remember their name to save the life of me...

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Nov 05 2017 02:12

In addition to what the others have said, there's also the option of using the breacher helmet, and it fits better due to the smaller neck:
Image Image

I personally opted to convert a Longstrike for my second fireblade:
Image Image

(click for larger pictures)

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Nov 05 2017 03:04

Here you go. They make some great Tau stuff. https://wargameexclusive.com/

DancinHobo
Shas

Post#7 » Nov 05 2017 08:09

I currently have one painted with ice camo. Gonna paint my other in Farsight colors. Same model but the colors will be rather different. I’m also planning on using an extra fire warrior as one. I plan on giving him a rifle, and putting a Carbine and blaster on his back. And pistol at his side. Maybe other gear. Really load him up with stuff. Maybe even 2 shoulder pads.

Return to “Modelling”