Ghostkeel options

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Callumibob
Shas'Saal

Ghostkeel options

Post#1 » Dec 02 2017 10:01

Afternoon all,

I couldn’t help but get my hands on a battle force box. I’ve been wandering about the build options for the ghostkeel. You can have an open or closed cockpit, is it possible to magnetise it so you can have it open or closed. Also can you have an empty cockpit? I’ve enough spare bits to cobble together a pilot that could stand at its feet (I’m sure you’ve all seen the Titanfall kit bash) cheers in advance! :D

IceFall
Shas

Re: Ghostkeel options

Post#2 » Dec 02 2017 10:20

Callumibob wrote:Afternoon all,

I couldn’t help but get my hands on a battle force box. I’ve been wandering about the build options for the ghostkeel. You can have an open or closed cockpit, is it possible to magnetise it so you can have it open or closed. Also can you have an empty cockpit? I’ve enough spare bits to cobble together a pilot that could stand at its feet (I’m sure you’ve all seen the Titanfall kit bash) cheers in advance! :D

You don't need to magnetise - it will friction grip with no issue and you can easily leave out the pilot if you want. In my opinion it will be necessary to magnetise the helmet to the cockpit lid (not great to have it glued to the cockpit when you open it) .

Hopefully the first three photos here viewtopic.php?t=26860#p340618 will show you what I mean.

I did a 'TitanFall' one too.
My Project Log and Army: viewtopic.php?t=26860

Callumibob
Shas'Saal

Re: Ghostkeel options

Post#3 » Dec 02 2017 10:43

IceFall wrote:
Callumibob wrote:Afternoon all,

You don't need to magnetise - it will friction grip with no issue and you can easily leave out the pilot if you want. In my opinion it will be necessary to magnetise the helmet to the cockpit lid (not great to have it glued to the cockpit when you open it) .

Hopefully the first three photos here viewtopic.php?t=26860#p340618 will show you what I mean.

I did a 'TitanFall' one too.
awesome cheers! Some very nice models in your army, puts my painting to shame

Return to “Modelling”