Not sure what a bit is- command sprue

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Orion7
Shas'Saal

Not sure what a bit is- command sprue

Post#1 » Dec 19 2017 05:40

Hi all, so I'm upgrading longstrike to have the fittings from the old command sprue as his figurine looks naff no matter how I paint it, and doesn't fit with the fluff as far as I can tell (battlesuit designed to link into the tank and the tau bafflement by Imperial tank commanders bring driven closer to hit them with his sword.

Most of the bits make sense except these:

I figured that they die on the front slots somehow... But which way up and what are they representing?

Limitations? You mean you don't want Fido the kroot hound as a character?

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Not sure what a bit is- command sprue

Post#2 » Dec 19 2017 05:45

The pictured piece and its companion represent a set of additional sensor and communications antennas mounted on the vehicle's prow. The two antennas are the front of the piece and the single 'stem' they fork from is the back, with the three prongs plugging into the vehicle's driving lights (those three little slots on the prow wing of the Tau tank hull), if I am not mistaken.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Orion7
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Dec 19 2017 05:55

Cheers. I wasn't sure if it was Comms that mount forward or some kind of minesweeper that mounts downward as that fits the slot better than the logical forwards mounting!

Limitations? You mean you don't want Fido the kroot hound as a character?

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Dec 19 2017 07:22

Orion7 wrote:Cheers. I wasn't sure if it was Comms that mount forward or some kind of minesweeper that mounts downward as that fits the slot better than the logical forwards mounting!

Yeah, it's certainly an odd bit. I've never actually seen a picture of it properly mounted.

Return to “Modelling”