Plastic glue for Antennae

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
greenman019
Shas

Plastic glue for Antennae

Post#1 » Jan 03 2018 06:53

Anyone got any tips for gluing on the antennas with plastic glue? Tends to spread and melt some areas around the helmets. Sometimes it covers ok with paint but sometimes it doesn't.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Plastic glue for Antennae

Post#2 » Jan 03 2018 07:30

I glue them by holding the head and antenna together and squirting a bit of acetone with a thin syringe needle, it seeps into the gap and if I miss it won't deform other feature as it's just a solvent without the plastic in it. I do this multiple times, it evaporates quickly from surface but not from the gap, giving it time to "melt" it at the correct spot.

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 03 2018 07:31

Try super glue

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jan 03 2018 08:49

Get a piece of scrap and put the glue on that. Then get the edge of a paper clip or craft knife and scoop a tiny amount. Apply to the dip in the antenna and then adhere to the helmet. Easy :-)
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

namegiver
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 03 2018 09:27

Use a Glue Looper -- since I've started using them, the number of glue-splat-fingerprints on my models has dropped dramatically. Not to zero, cuz I'm still a klutz but way, way lower.

This Fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined.
namegiver's Shi'ar Sept Project Log

Zeruel
Shas

Post#6 » Jan 04 2018 10:16

The two contact surface shall be plain, add a little bit of super attack and wait 20 seconds. Pay attention on the quantity of glue. Too much glue flowes over the connection of the two bits and creates roughtness. You have to understand the right quantity!

Return to “Modelling”