Starting my XV7 Pathfinder support suit.

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Lore
Shas

Starting my XV7 Pathfinder support suit.

Post#1 » Jan 27 2018 03:18

I like suits more than drones. Here's a custom one for my Pathfinders.
Kakushi kikai (Hidden machine) forgoes the normal benefits of XV8 weapons, systems & flight capability to provide her pathfinders with all the benefits of a Recon, Grav-inhibitor & Pulse accelerator drone. In addition her holoprojector grants infiltrate ability to her whole team, downside 'seriously pulse carbines! What do you mean the generator can't handle all the cool stuff & weapons, earthy dude?'
Thoughts and suggestions?

I'll post my house rules in the right place when I've had a chance to play test them, but most importantly she is an integral part of the unit NOT a detached separate model.

Lore
Shas

Re: Starting my XV7 Pathfinder support suit.

Post#2 » Jan 28 2018 06:58

Because of the way the rules work this model needs a Pathfinder's save & toughness; but it looks like an XV8! Everyone would expect much higher values, so how do I make it look more vulnerable?

I'm thinking I will open up the body to expose the pilot like the old Eldar walker - now that's a job and a half; wish me luck. :neutral:

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Jan 28 2018 07:14

Lore wrote:Because of the way the rules work this model needs a Pathfinder's save & toughness; but it looks like an XV8! Everyone would expect much higher values, so how do I make it look more vulnerable?

I'm thinking I will open up the body to expose the pilot like the old Eldar walker - now that's a job and a half; wish me luck. :neutral:

I think it would need T4 (not T3) since it's representing drones, right? An exposed pilot could work, but you could also just use less armor, more exposed mechanical parts, etc.

BibiFloris
Shas

Post#4 » Jan 28 2018 01:42

Deathwatch have a rule concernig mixed unit thougness. Maby have a look at that.
All praise the greater good or fall under its might.
Sorry for all of my English mistakes made and to make.

Return to “Modelling”