Ethereal on hover drone evolves into firblade?

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Nitrogue
Shas

Ethereal on hover drone evolves into firblade?

Post#1 » Feb 04 2018 01:53

Hi

So recently started and got myself 2 start collecting sets as well as a pathfinder set. Built up everything out of it except for one of the two ethereals from the starter sets. Currently not looking for another one, but fancy the look of the Fireblade, and so considering doing some converting/ kitbashing.

Do have some breacher shoulder pads for the fireblades' shoulder, a spare pulse rifle (loose or in hand), some unmasked heads, and could fiddle with the ethereal's honour blade to make it a proper blade. but after that not too sure.

Did a wee bit of kitbashing for my PFs but that was using some spare arms from the FWs, so this would be my first proper go at a conversion/ kitbash.

Was wondering what people thought of my ideas so far, what i could do, or whether someone had done this before and give some ideas what they did/ what worked/didn't.

Cheers.

Shas'O Ora
Shas'Saal

Re: Ethereal on hover drone evolves into firblade?

Post#2 » Feb 04 2018 02:09

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 04 2018 02:55

Here's my conversion
Breacher backpack with cut off "sidesticks"
Striker shield, antena, pistol, striker hands (left one cast from greenstuff)
Knife is filed down from etherals blade

Nitrogue
Shas

Post#4 » Feb 04 2018 03:55

Thanks for these, at least it shows I'm not mad (at least not majorly) for attempting this.

Will probably have to go for a less armoured version than the "official" one but hey, visuals wont affect their stats :)

Future
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Feb 04 2018 04:31

If you're looking to bulk up your fireblade you can use some of the excess pads from the battlesuits. I chopped one of the leg coverings up (note that they're asymmetrical, so plan out which shoulder you want to put it on before cutting) until just the "scales" were left and I think it's a perfect replacement for a shoulder pad. Additionally, one of the extra knee caps can be glued to the chest for a little bit more armor. Here's my unpainted take on it:

I didn't use the ethereal's legs for this guy, but both of these suggestions could still be used for a fireblade with those legs. They might even help hide the filing you would need to do to eliminate the ethereal caste symbol on the chest plate.
bork bork bork BORK'AN

Nitrogue
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 04 2018 04:51

Thanks Future.

Do have some XV8 spare bits, so will dig around for those.

Was considering using a breacher pad for the shoulder, at least it would be the right scale, but the knee pad is a good call.

Return to “Modelling”