Tau Y'vahra model weight.

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Tau Y'vahra model weight.

Post#1 » Feb 11 2018 01:19

How much does this model weigh in reality?
Last edited by Lostroninsoul on Feb 11 2018 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

Tanniith
Shas'Saal

Re: Tau Y'vraha model weight.

Post#2 » Feb 11 2018 04:47

Why do you need to know this?

shadowsong47
Shas

Re: Tau Y'vraha model weight.

Post#3 » Feb 11 2018 08:16

It is vastly top heavy compared to the standard riptide... Those goddamn leg joints.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: Tau Y'vahra model weight.

Post#4 » Feb 11 2018 10:57

Tanniith wrote:Why do you need to know this?

Because I got a tau supremcy armor. It's heavy. I got a yvahra but it's weight seems a bit off compared to the resin of the supremcy armor, but it otherwise seems real. It's an idea I had to check authenticity because I'm pretty ocd about collecting and it would give me peace of mind.

Osocruel
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 11 2018 11:05

Lostroninsoul wrote:

Because I got a tau supremcy armor. It's heavy. I got a yvahra but it's weight seems a bit off compared to the resin of the supremcy armor, but it otherwise seems real. It's an idea I had to check authenticity because I'm pretty ocd about collecting and it would give me peace of mind.

The Y'vahra is only half the size of a KX139 and the Y'vahra is made up of plastic and resin parts. Not good to compare the two. I can weigh mine tonight if you want a definite answer.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 11 2018 11:42

Osocruel wrote:
Lostroninsoul wrote:

The Y'vahra is only half the size of a KX139 and the Y'vahra is made up of plastic and resin parts. Not good to compare the two. I can weigh mine tonight if you want a definite answer.

That would be awesome. :)Just to quiet the nagging thoughts I am currently having. Chances are it's what you said about part resin and part plastic which make sense here and explain a few things, but it's always good to check

Osocruel
Shas

Post#7 » Feb 12 2018 01:20

Ok, KX139 comes in at 0.96kgs about 2.1lbs and Y'vahra weighs 0.13kgs (0.28lbs). It's like comparing peas with oranges. Lol. :smile:

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 12 2018 07:33

Thank you so much. What load out was your supremcy armour? I only have 2 triaxis ion cannons, the pulse ordnance multidriver, and the heavy Railgun options.

Osocruel
Shas

Post#9 » Feb 12 2018 05:21

Lostroninsoul wrote:Thank you so much. What load out was your supremcy armour? I only have 2 triaxis ion cannons, the pulse ordnance multidriver, and the heavy Railgun options.

I weighed him with the 2 ion cannons and pulse ordinance multi driver using a Thermomix as the scales. :D

Return to “Modelling”