My first post here: A Lighted Devilfish

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Hobbes
Shas

My first post here: A Lighted Devilfish

Post#1 » Sep 10 2006 12:36

The interior is red and I'm giving the outside of it some Blue LED's for that Tau Energy look!

and the hatches are all magnetized and whatnot..

anyways, Enjoy!

EmergencyExit
Shas

Post#2 » Sep 10 2006 04:13

whoa, that is some seriously cool lighting you have going on, paint it up and share the pics. Maybe a tutorial on the lighting?
You call shotgun, I call Rail Gun

samuraioshovah
Shas

Post#3 » Sep 10 2006 04:23

Wow Wonderful...I need to learn how to do that! Great Work! Please make a guidebook!
Mobile Armor Division...71-12-11 2014 Season 14-4-3

faol
Shas

Post#4 » Sep 10 2006 04:34

Very cool lighting awsome
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#5 » Sep 10 2006 07:13

Pretty crazy my man. loving the deploy red light :)

The LED lights at the fuel points is very nifty. Looking forward to the finished model indeed!

~ Tael.

Feuerdrache
Shas

Post#6 » Sep 10 2006 09:47

Pimp My Tank ITT

I was gonna do that the first time I saw the Devilfish. You beat me to it. ;)
Tell us how you did it, though, that we may spread the spectacle across the globe.

Hobbes
Shas

Post#7 » Sep 11 2006 11:23

Thanks, I appreciate the replies, yeah its not that hard to do.. I have written and took pictures of every step. A lot of my friends have done this and better even lighted up the optics and the engines..

This was simply extra pieces leftover from my SkyRay/Pirahna Conversions which I have just posted in another thread here.

The Tutorial is being made at the newest version of my website (10.0)which is currently under heavy constuction, so please read the tutorial but don't go poking your nose around just yet. You won't find much...

How To Light a Devilfish - By Hobbes ;)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#8 » Sep 11 2006 07:07

Nicely done sir, thank you for the link. I'll make a sticky of this shortly. :)

~ Tael.

Shas'o_T'au_Kais_Mont'yr
Shas

Post#9 » Sep 11 2006 07:18

Dead sexy and DAMN realistic with the choice of lighting colors.(If I'm not mistaken, most APCs have red or green interior lights to limit damage to one's night vision)
"Febreeze, febreeze solves everything."
-Red Mage

T0nkaTruckDriver
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#10 » Sep 12 2006 05:56

Great work Hobbes! Glad to see you're gettin Hobbyhawk back up and running. I was bummed when the forums went out last year. Looking forward to future updates :smile:

Hobbes
Shas

Post#11 » Sep 13 2006 12:48

Tonka, me too bud, but its great to see you here!!! :D

and I did notice the devilfish you made, absolutely stunning!!

I hope you don't mind but I am casting and lighting the cockpit screen and the running lights on the front wings a la You TTD! ;)

cant decide on what color lights for the front though, blinking yellow/green?

p.s. my next project is to light a markerlight drone!! After I finish my Stealths though... :smile:

T0nkaTruckDriver
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#12 » Sep 13 2006 08:02

No worries Hobbes, especially since I stole it from Starship Modeller :roll:

The real challenge (as I'm sure you're finding out) is fitting all the goodies in the pilot compartment.

Hobbes
Shas

Post#13 » Sep 13 2006 08:42

I know the one you're talking about, winter scene!~ :D

Funny how I used to sware by bulbs and now I'm using LEDs too.. anyways.. everything fits farily well since there are no breadboards to squeeze in there, hell if I can fit it into a base it'll fit into a cockpit!

I heard the visor can be made out of a lego one, is that what you did? cause that might be easier than making a modl and pouring resin if it fits right that is.. sadly I don't have any more of those visors... :/

T0nkaTruckDriver
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#14 » Sep 14 2006 05:52

Yes, I made the "windscreen" from a filed down Lego spaceman visor. Worked quite well and they come in a variety of colors.

Return to “Modelling”