Soo, finally had time to sit down and properly finish this project. About time! It feels great finishing old projects (7 years, haha!), just like the sniperbike!
The legs had a bit of work left, so that was finished. While I was at it I also finished the backpack. I made it so it can serve as a rail rifle mount as well, so I can use the suit as XV8 and XV88.
Next up is basecoating, so the modelling on this project is officially finished!
For new readers. This is the first suit I bought when I just started with the Warhammer 40k game. As I didn't really like the standard look I started experimenting. This eventually led to what it is now. The upper body can rotate at the waist and the suit can be taken apart and put together without the use of glue. It doesn't actually make any sense, but it turned out this way and it's an awesome feature to have
I initially planned on making the shoulders movable as well. It would have been fine for a showcase model, but as it is a model for the playing field it was too unstable. That's why I just glued them on to the torso. The rail rifles are a bit short as well. I have longer versions, but they aren't fitted with magnets yet. This pair is actually for the crisis suit in my previous post.