Onmyou's battlesuit hangar - Made the old suit look cool

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Terminatorinhell
Shas

Re: [WIP] Crisis XV82

Post#37 » Feb 20 2011 11:36

I would consider bulking the hips, I know you wanted to just use the crisis kit but try bits ordering a part like a landraider gun cowl that could help armor it up.

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#38 » Feb 20 2011 01:23

Maybe you're right, I'll stare at it for a while and come up with ideas :P
Here's a picture with both legs.

Terminatorinhell
Shas

Post#39 » Feb 20 2011 05:15

Looks good so far, apart from the hips.

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#40 » Feb 21 2011 06:17

Head done, jumppack holes need to be fixed.

Image Image

Terminatorinhell
Shas

Post#41 » Feb 21 2011 08:06

Yes I likes it, I might have to make one if you don't mind :P

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#42 » Feb 21 2011 09:43

Please do :)
Jumppack done. Apart from the thickness of the legs and some touchups it's done! A conversion in 2 days, that's a first :P

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#43 » Feb 21 2011 11:14

Wow Onmyou,

I love the head! To me it's got a bit of a commander O'Ralai feel to it.

Looking back to your starting point i'm really impressed with your sculpting and finishing work.

Another comment made by Terminatorinhell was about the hips, I agree they need some additional treatment. :)

The XV-82 looks great too! Can't wait to see that one painted.

Cheers,

modelglue

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#44 » Apr 23 2011 04:11

The model is pretty much done. It´s not all that great, but the point was to make a decent suit in a small amount of time. I think I succeeded.
By the way, this was my first time using an airbrush. Horror! Wrong paint, a pain to clean and the model was not as smooth as I thought it was. Way better than the usual spray paint, though. Well, I guess I learned from it :P

Terminatorinhell
Shas

Post#45 » Apr 23 2011 09:58

This is shaping up to be really cool :D can I try making one?

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#46 » Apr 24 2011 03:28

Of course! I'm looking forward to it :D

Bloody_Kain
Shas

Post#47 » May 01 2011 10:55

Looks a Little like a Armored Core or a Heavy Gear. ^^

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#48 » Apr 06 2012 11:14

I did some work on my first crisis suit today: the backpack!

I had some gundam parts lying around for a long time, but never really found any use for it, till now. It's not done yet, couldn't keep going with the putty still soft. I took a shoulder part and was surprised part of the normal backpack fitted in perfectly. I cutted apart the normal backpack to fit the shape of the backpack more. Then I put putty in it and pushed it agains the back of the suit to make a negative shape. When it's dry I'll do the touchups. A magnet will be used so it can be taken off the suit.
When I first placed the shoulder part on the back it seemed way to big, but afther putting in the muzzles and concidering the huge feet I think it doesn't seem so out of place after all.

Bloody_Kain
Shas

Post#49 » Apr 09 2012 05:36

You could use the Hands of an Phantom Droid from the Eldar for the Hands of your Suit.
I have tried it myself, looks not bad and the Plasmagun looks like a Pistol or a real Gun in it.
The Fist can be used for an Energyblade or a Close Combat Motive and the other two open Hands...
One with a Shield and one with a other Weapon, for Example an Armored Core Laserblade?

The Backpack looks like an Space Mobility Upgrade or a landinghelp for Airborne Missions...
But there could be some Packs for the Parasuits on it.
Or a high Mobility Backpack for high speed Missions.

Or or or. There are many Suituations where such a Bigpack could be Useful. :D
But, don't make the Error and make the Suit to Gundam Style. Heavy Gear or Front Mission Style is more interesting for Warhammer 40k. ;)

(My personal Plan for my next Crisis Conversion is to make a Battletech Mecha out of Crisis Parts. :D )

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#50 » Apr 10 2012 10:59

Oh it won't look anything like Gundam, don't worry :)
What's a phantom droid? I googled it, but I couldn't find it (as a matter of fact, it led me straight to this page :P). I initially didn't plan on using hands, but I'm open to suggestions.

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#51 » Apr 25 2012 11:02

I just put together the body and right leg, then used poster buddies to stick on the arm and backpack. Awesome!! It's really cool to finally look at it (semi-)assembled! I placed the other crisis next to it to compare them, I also put paint on him a few months back but didn't show it yet.
Enjoy!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#52 » May 04 2012 10:25

Loving the torso work on your initial idea.. very cool embedded head unit :)

the WiP have been golden in helping see what you did too.

- Tael.

Onmyou
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#53 » May 05 2012 09:53

Thank you Tael :)
Yesterday I finally found my lost magnets and couldn't wait to use them, so I did :biggrin: The last stages of a project, like putting in magnets, are really awesome. I love the snap-sound when I put on a weapon. I also used them for the backpack of this project and I use them as joints for the shoulders. The arm rotates way to easy, but it does rotate and it greatly reduces the chance of breaking.

Just now I made a few photo's of the total progress of this project. As you can see the other leg is about halfway done (EDIT: after thinking about it, make that 30% done), but there's still a lot of putty-work to be done which I really don't look forward to.. The arm is about 80% done, still the insides and magnet to be done

Didi et Gogo
Kor'Vre
Kor'Vre

Post#54 » May 12 2012 12:56

Bloody_Kain wrote:You could use the Hands of an Phantom Droid from the Eldar for the Hands of your Suit...
I just wanted to pipe up and point out that I'm pretty sure that Kain was referring to a Wraithlord. Another option is to use Space Marine powerfists as hands.

Return to “Modelling”