The Shrike's Desert Raiders

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
The Shrike
Shas'La
Shas'La

The Shrike's Desert Raiders

Post#1 » Aug 10 2017 08:53

That's a wrap folks, 4000 points of Desert Raiders. Now I pivot to my Jungle Insurgents.....

Hope you enjoyed! See them in action in the Battle Reports section :fear:

For those inclined, the fluff behind my army:

Spoiler!
The Desert Raiders hail from T"ros, formerly Taros, an imperial mining world in the Eastern Fringe. The Ethereal caste orchestrated a generations long infiltration campaign on Taros, resulting in a friendly trading relationship and ultimately a puppet government friendly to the Empire. This culminated however with a full scale invasion by the Imperium of Man to retake Taros and kill the Tau Empire in its crib. It was here that the Desert Raiders earned their name and fearsome reputation for ambush tactics; melting convoys in narrow passes and halting the advance on Tarokeen in its tracks. But it was also during this campaign that Commander O'Dahyun saw the terrible truth behind Ethereal rule, witnessing first-hand as an Ethereal named Aun'lo used mind control to countermand an impetuous Shas'nel. O'Dahyun had already heard whispers of the Forbidden Zone, the Farsight Enclaves, led by the living legend O'Shovah. He decided that day to do everything in his power to aid this island of liberty where the caste structure was more relaxed and Tau were free from the influence of the Ethereal Caste. From that point on, O'Dahyun used his contacts in the merchant guilds to ferret valuable ore away from the shipments heading back to the core of the Emire; diverting it to the Enclaves so that they may one day gather the strength to overthrow the Ethereals and bring peace, liberty and justice to the T'au.
Last edited by The Shrike on Aug 12 2017 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: The Shrike's Desert Raiders

Post#2 » Aug 11 2017 08:34

Shrike, wow what an awesome army! I don't know why no one else has commented on your army, except that with all the 8th edition posts, it must not have caught anyone's attention.

Awesome all around, the desert camouflage colour scheme, weathering, customizing on the suits - especially the Ghost Keel. Also where did you get the desert table cloth? Is that a GW product or from another company?

Any way good job! ;)
TauMan
Last edited by TauMan on Aug 12 2017 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

The Shrike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Aug 12 2017 10:34

Thanks brother!

That is a gaming mat from gamemat.eu. That specific one, if it's still in production, is called The Sands of Time. They make many. I have another one that is more of an urban city fight type feel. I also have a grasslands one from a company called Tablewar that is nice and yet another company Frontline Gaming has many of their own which look awesome. They are all functionally the same structurally: it's a mousepad-like neoprene that is super smooth to the touch, quiets the sound of dice rolling, keeps them from getting cocked like they do on some GW molded tables and even spilled drinks will simply bead on top of the surface to be wiped up. They are affordable (about $75) and really up the production value of games. Combined with quality terrain (which gamemat.eu sells pre-assembled and painted) my games at home rival the quality at the local game store.

Fluff behind the force added as well :biggrin:

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Aug 12 2017 02:22

Thanks for the reply.

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

FastSalad
Shas

Post#5 » Aug 15 2017 03:16

Great looking army mate, very impressed with the blending of colours on the vehicles.
Working on a similar look for my own ranks, so I'll have to blantantly copy.. Err.. take inspiration from 'em!

The Shrike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Aug 15 2017 05:22

Thanks mate! You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Return to “Galleries”