Divideby0's Bork'an Cadre (WIP)

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
divideby0
Shas

Divideby0's Bork'an Cadre (WIP)

Post#1 » Jul 03 2009 11:29

Been meaning to do this for a while. This is what I have mostly finished. I still need to finish basing paint in some details.

Fire Warriors. The Shas'Ui has a hand held markerlight.

Pathfinders.

Pathfinder Tetra. I used a sponge to get the patchy effect.

Stealth suits. I basically wanted them to look like shadows, I might go in and fill in black "phasing".
The unpainted will have a markerlight and a homing beacon for the Apocalypse formation.

My vespid prototype. I used an interference additive to get the make the shell and wings reflective.

Sniper Drone squad. These are the closest to done.

I magnetized all my Crisis suits weapons. Deathrains one day...

...Sunforge the next.

Hopefully over the extended weekend I will get to my vehicles.

Larger images can be seen on my Flickr set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremylp/3684069681/
Know the rules. Know your codex. Receive bacon.

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Re: Divideby0's Bork'an Cadre (WIP)

Post#2 » Jul 03 2009 11:39

These are excellent, divideby0. I'm particularly interested in how you did the handheld Markerlight on your Shas'ui. A little bit of a "How I did this" would be nice, or else a separate "On my own" close-up?

E.

divideby0
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 03 2009 11:59

Thanks!

I took some pics of my magnetizing process. Dealing with 1/16" magnets with any precision was tricky.

The markerlight is the pistol grip and grenade launcher from a carbine.

The power cable is the uncoiled sheath-wire from a large-gauge guitar string (the one wire with another spiraled around it). You can get old ones for free at any place that restrings guitars.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#4 » Jul 03 2009 12:20

the models look great!

i must remember the 'sponge' technique for painting ...

Yami Kero
Shas

Post#5 » Jul 11 2009 09:58

All units look incredible. I like the fact that you made the FW and Pathfinder look like they are in the same army, but have different colours. Cant wait to see some big vehicles.

What did you use on the base of the FW? It looks a lot like snow and might serve as a base modeling for my models.

Stealth suits looks stunning. What colour did you use for the details? Skull white?

divideby0
Shas

Post#6 » Jan 13 2012 03:45

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to the last reply. At lot has been happening. (ie MFA, job search, etc)

The snow stuff on the base is, in fact, modeling snow. I think i need to build it up a bit more. Some models have grass. I have some greenish sponge I plan on using as a Lichen-y material. The Kroot will have this as I have written in the fluff of my army that the kroot eat the lichen to make themselves more adaptable to the cold.

Anyway, I used a skull white-ish wash to dab in the crevices of the stealth suit to give it a TRON-like effect. I need to find a way to make the new stealth suits look more interesting as right now they are just blue, white and the lenses.

I necro'd this thread as I am getting back into painting more and I'll post what I'm working on. Next up is a squad of XV15 stealth suits that will match the fire-warrior and pathfinder color schemes since they do look more like FW with Burst cannons and jet packs.

The sponge effect left dabs of paint/suds that dried into the patches you now see. Unfortunately, I was not good at replicating the paint/flow release mix and I don't think I can recreate the effect to match the other Tetra. I really want them to match. I will probably strip the paint off the top piece and then redo it with my airbrush.

divideby0
Shas

Post#7 » Oct 05 2012 11:30

I've pulled my Tau out of mothball storage. They're seeing a lot more action with 6th Edition. I'm giving their paint job them a lot more TLC

I got really excited over the new rules for the Tetra. So much so that I dug out my second model. I could not duplicate the sponge method so that the two matched, so I stripped the sponge tetra with simple green and started both on a new path with my airbrush.

I hope to paint the rest of my DF chassis in a similar pattern.

I touched up the basecoat of my stealth suits in the same color.

Upcoming things to do:
• Renovate base dressings which need more than a little squirt of snow.
• Finish painting my XV8 battle suit weapon options. I did make some nice TL Flamer an Plasma conversions I'll post later.
• Paint all vehicles. The Testing the airbrush on these Tetras are part of that.

Return to “Galleries”