Ruhaha2's Army

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
ruhaha2
Shas

Ruhaha2's Army

Post#1 » Jan 25 2011 11:37

It's exciting to be able to post my army. I'm not much of a computer person so this at least is like stepping on the moon for me.

So with great pleasure I present . . . MY ARMY :fear:

This is my commander (never truely picked a name)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Here is his bodyguard

Well for now that will have to do I'll post more tomorrow hopefully.

Kern
Kroot

Re: Ruhaha2's Army

Post#2 » Jan 26 2011 06:51

That's one of the best converted pieces I ever saw. And the painting is even better!
Great cadre, keep them coming for sure!
As life flies past, you better grab it!

ruhaha2
Shas

Post#3 » Jan 27 2011 03:34

Here are somemore pics of my bodyguard and some of my other suits.
ImageImage
ImageImage

My Shas'ui suits all became fireknives later on but I like this picture.

Here are my beloved stealth suit who no longer have a spot in my army list but are some of my favorite suits I've done.
ImageImage
This is the stealth teams leader.
ImageImageImage
My inspiration for these guys come from 2 different movies Iron Man 2, Predator, and spec ops units. I know everyone says "They have stealth generators so I can paint them how ever bright I want!" well I went the other way. I wanted my army to have a darker stealthier look to them.

Hope you guy's like what you see so far I'll post somemore later.

Terminatorinhell
Shas

Post#4 » Jan 27 2011 10:13

I like the stealth dudes, the shoulder guns are great.

ruhaha2
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 01 2011 09:28

Thanks for your coments.

Today I want to show off my vehicles- not much converting but I'm proud of the paint job.

For starters here is my single piranha, just like my stealth suits it's a piece that isn't part of the army list.
ImageImage

My two devilfish, normally used as Pathfish with a D-pod.

My two Railheads.
Unfortionatly when I was working on my blending on the sides of the tanks, my devilfish turned out great where as my hammerheads were OK but not my best. The funny thing is I alternated models starting with the devilfish than a hammerhead and so on. I'm still confused why I got it right on the fish every time and flopped on the hammerheads every time. Oh well I'm still pretty happy with them over all.

L0rdM0nki
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 01 2011 01:08

There is a certain District 9 vibe to your commander that I enjoy. I keep coming back to his shield which you did a wonderful job modeling.

The Warmachine inspired stealth are intriguing.

Keep it up! :)

ruhaha2
Shas

Post#7 » Feb 02 2011 12:40

Thanks for the compliments LordMonki.

Today I wish to reveal my infantry the brave shas'la and kroot that put their lives on the line every time I set them on the battle field.
Starting things off are my brave firewarriors. At the present moment I run two 6 man squads.

You might recognize this guys from the "When We Were Shas'la" contest a while back.
ImageImage

Which brings me around to my kroot.
These guys are by far my favorite kroot of my army so far.
And now my basic kroot.

I'll place this guy in here because he's a firewarrior model. I usually just use him as my turn counter but I have him designed to be played as my comander if I use the escape pod as a hard point.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
His base is magnetized so he stays in place when he's on his turn counter base. The dots you see on the skulls and helmets show what turn it is. The turn counter base is just a piece of plasticard with skulls and helmets stacked up with a small circle base in the middle so that the model can be elevated.

I also gave him 2 pistols, one in each hand. I wanted the pistols to be more alien then what's been shown before so I went with a over the hand type weapon allowing him to still use his hands if necessary. And yes I did base this idea off of the playstation cover picture for "FireWarrior".
Last edited by ruhaha2 on Feb 24 2011 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

ruhaha2
Shas

Post#8 » Feb 03 2011 11:16

My latest projects for my cadre have been my broadsides. Oh one thing I want to throw out there for every one is that I hate metal models and any bits that are metal :fear: :dead: . I love plastic for it's ability to be converted easily, metal is not. Plus metal seems too tipsy on the table top and is damaged easier if it falls. Anyways as I was saying my broadsides have been my latest project and the most fun as I've really tried to tap into my puddy and converting abilities. The reason I pointed out my utter dislike for metal is that I have taken normal crisis suits and converted them into broadsides without using any metal or resin bits. Any whoo on to the broadsides.

These are the 2 I've done so far I hope to have around 6 of them when I'm done. The one is the team leader the other is a standard suit.
ImageImage

These next few pictures show one of my suits before I started painting.

These next 2 are my older broadsides. The one with metal broadside bits was dismanteled soon after this photo. The other is a forge world suit for right now I plan on keeping him as a team leader.

I hope everyone has enjoyed my stuff so far, comments and criticism appriciated.
C'ya again soon.

Ar'ka
Shas

Post#9 » Feb 03 2011 06:00

Man, how in the hell did I miss this thread for so long!? You have done some fantastic work with your army here!! My hat is off to you for that.

I really like the bulky look of your Broadside leader, especially the armor plating that surrounds his head. It's a great change of pace to the XV-88s attached to the standard XV-8 frame. I also love how the armor would obviously hamper the pilots peripheral perception, but who cares, his goal is to fire at what's in front of him!

Also, you're stealthsuits are fantastic. The inspiration from Iron Man and Predator is a nice fit. What's the basic run down of their part list? I'm tempted, when I jump back to Tau, to copy the design.

ruhaha2
Shas

Post#10 » Feb 04 2011 04:52

Ar'ka- Thanks man I appreciate the complimants. The stealth suits and broadside are definatly my favorites over all in the army so far.

The stealth suits have a deceint amout of parts to them. The main body is a plastic steath suit with the egg shaped helmet and the jump pack sawed off. His head is a fire warrior helmet. The chest is puddied up to rebuild and to bring some design factor to it. His new jump pack is made from 2 of the rocket pieces of the sky ray seeker missiles. The over-the-shoulder burst cannon is the sky rays marker light cut down with a fusion gun canister mounting it to the jet pack. On the other side I used a burst cannon ammo can to balance the model out. I know that might be a lot to grasp with just words but I don't have detailed picture of the process yet. I will post some later hopefully.

RU2

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#11 » Feb 07 2011 01:11

Those Broadsides are massive! very amazing work here in this thread.

Keep up the good work!

SpartanTau
Kor'Vre
Kor'Vre

Post#12 » Feb 07 2011 06:38

ruhaha2 :
I'm always glad to help people out with their computer-related problems, but now I'm really glad that I could help you with your photo-posting quandary! These models are amazing: exceedingly well converted, great paintjobs, awesome poses, and a cohesive look to the entire force.

I can't wait to see more!
- Kor'Vre SpartanTau
ON EXTENDED LEAVE

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#13 » Feb 09 2011 12:43

Ar'ka wrote:I really like the bulky look of your Broadside leader, especially the armor plating that surrounds his head.

I have to agree Ar'ka, that looks to me like it took quite a bit of imagination and visualization to accomplish. :fear:

Great work Ruhaha2, I might just have to emulate your b-side! You know you've got something good when everyone wants to copy it. :biggrin:

modelglue

ruhaha2
Shas

Post#14 » Feb 11 2011 03:34

Modelglue it would be awesome to see someone elses point of view on modeling my suits have fun and good luck.

Today I have a few pictures of my pathfinders and shield drones. I hope you like them.
Sorry about some of the drone pictures my daughter messed up my photo box so I was stuck using my desk :sad: .

Kern
Kroot

Post#15 » Feb 12 2011 05:35

Awe-inspiring, gorgeous, superb, ... I'm runnning out of adjectives here :biggrin:
As life flies past, you better grab it!

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#16 » Feb 12 2011 04:24

This is an excellent example of lots of conversions which all come together to make a very individual army. Your paintwork is very good, your basing is effective and the poses of the models are just that little bit different. My favourite of the whole lot has to be the Pathfinder leaping past the end of a wall(?).

Great stuff, deserves its place in our Galleries forum.

E.

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#17 » Feb 13 2011 12:06

I have neglected to mention how much I love the conversions you have made for the army. Very well done and very unique. That Broadside design is inspired and I really love the way you have added Nid pieces to your Kroot. How exactly do you go about adding the Nid skull to the Kroot head?

ruhaha2
Shas

Post#18 » Feb 15 2011 05:23

Thank you for all the compliments. Eiglepulper Thanks, I too have a fondness for that leaping pathfinder.
Wolfs16 As soon as I get back to converting more kroot I'll make sure to do a few in process photos for you.

I know these are not tau but I'll put them here any ways.
ImageImage

This guy was a commission job for one of the guys in my "Death Watch" group. He payed me by giving me the Death Watch book which costs around $60. I'm happy with how he turned out and my buddy was over joyed with how he turned out :D.

This guy is my character in our Death Watch team he's a tactical marine that's usually the team leader on our many adventures.

Well that's all I have for today.

Return to “Galleries”