[Showcase] Unsung Heroes Challenge

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: ATT 2011 CHALLENGE : Unsung Heroes : VOTING

Post#37 » Sep 09 2011 09:58

Warrio wrote:This was easily the least convenient way that I have ever seen images distributed for viewing. Ever..

Tael was looking for constructive criticism, and he asked for a pm by members to explain their thoughts. This would have been a better way to communicate your view rather than post a comment like this in the Voting page. That being said, I'm sorry it was a problem for you. Perhaps you should consider updating your Acrobat Reader along with your normal windows (or w/e OS your using) updates... therefor, no longer having trouble saving it to your downloads folder and viewing it at your leisure after Tael put so much time into compiling it for us in the first place. ;)

Wolfs16 wrote:Well I guess all that bribe money worked! :p

Gotta admit Wolf, it's almost too evident which entry is yours. Your entries are all different, but they always have the Wolf fingerprint on them. Congrats on the win, hope Duredhel does your avatar right (though for him it should be a breeze).

Now how about we all include in out posts, what influences our choices. It would be interesting to see if it's painting, a type of conversion work or even background. I know for myself, I am always attracted to entries that have a clear theme and adapt the use of bitz accordingly.

Painting to me is most of it, but I like seeing a cleanly converted model. If it has a general idea, adding 100% of detail based around the theme isn't necessary as long as it's still pretty.

By the way, what was used for the bases on #10?

If I had to guess, tank fly bases.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Post#38 » Sep 09 2011 10:44

When voting I look at the overall entry. In this challenge the painting was important but if the story wasn't up to scratch then it would bring down the quality of the painting. Same for the presentation, you could've had the best presentation going but if the story or painting wasn't up to scratch then it was all for nothing.

Which is why PidGinRat's entry won my vote, it had great painting, good story and they'd thought about the presentation, right down to the backdrop.

PidGinRat
Shas

Post#39 » Sep 09 2011 11:12

A big thanks to everyone who participated- and congratulations to Wolf and Blue Destiny! This was a great challenge idea from the get-go, and really sparked those creative juices. And a big thank-you to everyone who voted!

To answer a few questions posed about my litttle Kor team:

speedfreek wrote:Anyone able to identify the parts used for the arms for the DX-44 Ground Traffic Control Drone in entry 10?

The batons on the Ground Control drone are cut-down Devilfish burst cannon barrels, attached to arms made of plasticard tubes- the shoulder ball-and-socket joints are the vents from space marine back-packs.

Wolfs16 wrote:By the way, what was used for the bases on #10?

They are just large flying bases- with thin plasticard cut into tau-like plates and glued straight onto the base. A bit of sanding to rough-up the smooth nature of both the clear plastic and the plasticard gives them a well manicured docking-bay or tarmac texture. A few bits for detail, and thats it. And thanks for the interest and kind words Wolf!

I'll see if I can get some more of a breakdown written up in the near future- for any other questions.

All the entries were great to see and read, there were some really interesting ideas out there! From a conceptual point, I really enjoyed the Surveyor Drone, and his bins of collected samples. For me, the concept is almost as important as the executuion- and that one in particular was really intriguing.

In any event, I'm really looking forward to the next competition already.

-PGR
Last edited by PidGinRat on Sep 10 2011 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

R'alai
Por

Post#40 » Sep 09 2011 12:03

Mine was no. 9 if anyone wants to ask questions on construction.
Congratulations to the well deserved winners (wolfs16 won my vote early on) and commiserations to those who received few votes (me included). Great to see so many great entries all in one place so well done to all!

Mek'an'ik
Fio

Post#41 » Sep 09 2011 05:03

R'alai wrote:Mine was no. 9 if anyone wants to ask questions on construction.
Congratulations to the well deserved winners (wolfs16 won my vote early on) and commiserations to those who received few votes (me included). Great to see so many great entries all in one place so well done to all!

Dude, I think you've mistaken the number there! The battle resupply drone (No. 9) was mine im afraid!

Well done to Wolfs16 on his entry, top notch stuff. Glad I put my vote to somewhere well deserved! I also want to say well done to everyone who took the time and made the effort to contribute. I know next time round, Ill put a bit more of both in to my own offering!
Check out my sculpting blog:

Far Future East

bluedestiny
Shas

Post#42 » Sep 09 2011 10:00

Thanks to all who voted for me!!! And a massive congrats to everyone who entered!!! Wonderful job to Wolfs16 and PidGinRat, I was correct to have voted for the right one :D I'll be looking forward to see more exciting entries next time.

As for part break down on my drones, well... they are pretty self explanatory, i generally try to keep as basic as possible, but if you really can't figure out what parts i've used, i'll be more then happy to answer them :)

Kern
Kroot

Post#43 » Sep 10 2011 12:40

I had number 7 btw.
When voting I don't really care about the background story, however I do care about the general concept. I think conservion is the most important part, combined with a neat paintjob - doesn't need to be full of NMM or camo schemes (those just draw attention away from the conversion). That's why I always like Wolf16's entries, the paint scheme is plain enough to not draw away attention from the awesome conversion work. Didn't vote for wolf16 though, as I knew he was going to win anyway, so I voted 8. really liked the original background and the little spider drones on that one :smile:
As life flies past, you better grab it!

R'alai
Por

Post#44 » Sep 10 2011 01:45

whoops, I'm entry 11

speedfreek
Shas

Post#45 » Sep 12 2011 03:54

I was lucky number twelve...

PoisonBladeNL
Shas

Post#46 » Sep 12 2011 05:38

speedfreek wrote:I was lucky number twelve...

Obviously....

I didn't enter the competition because I could not finish the model I had in mind after my vacation...
-PBNL
'Thought I'd try shooting my way out..."

Return to “Galleries”