D'yanoi-Enclave Cooperation Cadre [pic heavy]

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
uberwesen
Shas

D'yanoi-Enclave Cooperation Cadre [pic heavy]

Post#1 » Mar 24 2014 05:00

Hey everyone,
I'd like to share my Cadre with you, as I#m finally able to shoot some better quality pictures!
The color sheme is D'yanoi from the Tau Dex 1.0. I liked the blue sept markings on the brown armour.
I used Valejo Model Colors, the vehicles' and suits base color is airbrushed. I enjoy to make some subtile conversions on almost all of my models, so if you have any question regarding the parts I used feel free to ask ;)
I always loved O'Shova and I thought that the rather conservative thinking Tau from D'yanoi would be most likely to form an alliance with him. The idea was a suit driven, kinda recon like veteran cadre. The flat colors help to get a "tactical" and futuristic look.

/regards

Mossigman
Kor

Re: D'yanoi-Enclave Cooperation Cadre [pic heavy]

Post#2 » Mar 24 2014 07:52

Jawdropping army! love the paint sheme! Would you mind sharing how you did Farsights sword? :)
~May The Greater Good Be Ever In Your Favor~

Siyath
Shas

Post#3 » Mar 24 2014 10:31

That is some sweetly solid paintwork right there.

uberwesen
Shas

Post#4 » Mar 24 2014 11:40

Mossigman wrote:Jawdropping army! love the paint sheme! Would you mind sharing how you did Farsights sword? :)

Thanks man!
I painted the whole blade white. Then I mixed yellow with Valejo Glaze Medium und some water and started to shade the blade. With every layer i added some red to the glaze. If you want a "red-hot" look the edges need to be darker then the middle. Let the paint dry between your layers, otherwise youll end up "pushing" the color around and the outcome will be very blotchy...

/regards

Kin'D'uman Cadre
Shas

Post#5 » Mar 25 2014 09:00

I'm always a fan of "real-ish" color themes when it comes to our Tau. Being one of the most, if not the most, advanced technologically I've always imagined them to use more camouflage or tones better suited to a military environment even in the grim dark future of the 40K universe. I've gone with very similar, earthy tones. In place of your brown, I use a panzer grey and in place of your blue, red for Farsight.

Nice work!
Kin'D'uman • "Aim straight and fire true"

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Mar 25 2014 09:11

Great job on your cadre! The color scheme is awesome and well-executed. I actually have one of your older tetra pictures saved in my Tau folder for reference and inspiration.

I also love seeing each of the different "marks" of XV88 next to each other. The evolution from XV88, XV88-2, and the most recent XV88(-3).

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#7 » Mar 25 2014 01:51

Gorgeous collection, I'm well known for my tendency to not go for weathering on vehicles; so I'm really enjoying the strong, subtle tones and bold markings a lot. The conversions and modifications are top rate and just add to the spectacle.

Looking forward to the new RipTides' finish.

Thank you for posting your collection here; very inspirational. :)

- Tael.

uberwesen
Shas

Post#8 » Mar 25 2014 03:06

Tael wrote:Gorgeous collection, I'm well known for my tendency to not go for weathering on vehicles; so I'm really enjoying the strong, subtle tones and bold markings a lot.

Jep, i agree. It. just does not fit the Hightech feel of the tau.

ARC'Thunder wrote:I also love seeing each of the different "marks" of XV88 next to each other. The evolution from XV88, XV88-2, and the most recent XV88(-3).

Haha, funny you say that! I'am actually a huge iron man fan, you are the First person to notice the reference! :D

ruhaha2
Shas

Post#9 » Mar 25 2014 04:00

Beautiful army. I too enjoy a clean looking armies, and the use of natural colors.
I lean more to darker tones. My army has a forest green paint scheme with dark blue to off set.

Sa'Ran'Sha
Shas

Post#10 » Mar 26 2014 08:10

Awesome looking color scheme, it's just so beautiful :::(

I was trying to do the same color scheme for my army, but was going in the direction of how they were depicted in the most recent dex. I do like the tactical feel of it though!
"Through Boldness, Victory"

Paintee
Shas

Post#11 » May 18 2014 10:01

Umm, the 8th pic, what are those? Are they Pathfinders with large shoulder pads, or are they just Fire Warriors without helmets with pulse carbines?
What is this "Me-lee" you speak of?

uberwesen
Shas

Post#12 » May 18 2014 10:33

The second one!
They have their helmets on their backs, theyre suposed to Look like vetrans who took some Freedom with their equipment!

This is my take on Commander bravestorm, now i only miss one more member of the eight! :)

/regards

Paintee
Shas

Post#13 » May 18 2014 02:39

Those veterans look AWESOME, and that new battlesuit.
What is this "Me-lee" you speak of?

Loran
Shas

Post#14 » May 22 2014 01:31

A stunning army mate! I really like the crisp paint style and strongly contrasting colours that you've used. Great work! :)

I have a question about the Sept markings:
Did you use a lighter colour under the blue? The strong contrast between the blue and the brown looks amazing, and I would like to paint something similar for my Farsight Enclaves army :D

Thanks in advance for the tips! :)
- Loran

uberwesen
Shas

Post#15 » May 22 2014 05:57

Loran wrote:A stunning army mate! I really like the crisp paint style and strongly contrasting colours that you've used. Great work! :)

I have a question about the Sept markings:
Did you use a lighter colour under the blue? The strong contrast between the blue and the brown looks amazing, and I would like to paint something similar for my Farsight Enclaves army :D

Thanks in advance for the tips! :)
- Loran

Thanks ;)
No, I did not use any kind of foundation for the markings.
But I mixed some GW Foundation White to the blue, it helps to make the colour well covering!
Pretty much all the colours I use are Valejo Model Colours, the dryout very flat and are more realistic in tone, I really recommend them!
Still, GW products like washes and foundations are very valuable to me!

/regards

Vash
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Jul 17 2014 02:02

Lovely army. Now when I see it with my own eyes, I too like the blue sept markings and brown armour :D

samuraioshovah
Shas

Post#17 » Jul 18 2014 12:19

I love the work you have put it in to your SEPT...
Mobile Armor Division...71-12-11 2014 Season 14-4-3

Persifal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#18 » Jul 18 2014 04:53

Nice army! Congrats. :D

Return to “Galleries”