Sho´Yuken´s Army

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
Sho´Yuken
Shas

Sho´Yuken´s Army

Post#1 » Mar 29 2016 02:24

I would like to show you guys my army. I´ve been building it for some 4 years or so. any comments and suggestions are always welcome!

I wanted my R´Varna to be distinct from the rest of my units, so I chose a "inverted" mostly white with ochre detailes colour scheme.

Sho´Yuken
Shas

Re: Sho´Yuken´s Army

Post#2 » Mar 29 2016 02:37

Cadre Fireblade

Fireblade & firewarriors

Pathfinders & recon drone

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Mar 29 2016 06:09

A beautifully clean army. Not sure I have any suggestions, you're already getting it right! Thanks for sharing :)
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Mar 29 2016 06:54

Nice and clean work. For my taste too much shading on the infantry, but that's just my taste.

It might be the perspective but did you forget to highlight the clothing parts on the Fireblade?

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Mar 30 2016 06:55

I'm really enjoying the return to traditional T'au colours, and you've done a great job with the painting! I'm eager to see more of your work! Keep it up, you make the Tau proud :)

Sho´Yuken
Shas

Post#6 » Mar 30 2016 12:52

Thanks for the words and encouragement, guys!
- Ricordis, I did highlight the the clothes of the fireblade, but my mixture ratio of the base tone with a lighter one was a bit off, so there isn´t a good contrast. I believe I was able to fix this on the other units.

Here are some other units:
My first Riptide

Second Riptide

Sho´Yuken
Shas

Post#7 » Mar 30 2016 12:56

My Ghostkeel & Stealthsuits

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#8 » Mar 31 2016 06:59

I really like the theme throughout. The Ghostkeel and buddies looks really nice and clean, tight and constrained. It looks like you made a huge leap in your painting ability between the Riptide and your latest. Nice Cadre! I really dig the colours. :D

Sho´Yuken
Shas

Post#9 » Oct 23 2016 07:58

Some new additions to my Cadre:

The "Big Shas" model form Wargaming Exclusive that I use as a Darkstrider

Shadowsun

Sho´Yuken
Shas

Post#10 » Oct 23 2016 08:01

The Stormsurge

Details of the pilots

Sho´Yuken
Shas

Post#11 » Oct 23 2016 08:09

A unit of Misslesides

And a unit of Breachers. Frankly, the thing I like most of collecting a Tau army is the Firewarriors. I think they are the most fun to paint :fear:

So basically, this is my Cadre at the present. There is still some things on the painting table.
Hope you guys like it. Comments/ suggestions are always welcome!

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Oct 24 2016 02:30

They all look very nice laid out on that board. The detail inside you Stormsurge is beautiful did you paint it then glue it in place or manage that while it's in situe?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#13 » Oct 24 2016 09:19

Oh man, they look great altogether. Also I agree, the Breachers came up really well; in fact the Stormsurge did too - the finish adds a certain heaviness to it that I find airbrushing seems to leave an ethereal finish that doesn't translate weight. Like the forged texture of tanks, just looking at one in a flat colour finish for example, still gives you a sense of heavy metal.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#14 » Oct 24 2016 10:15

The thing I most love are your lenses. Even on the tiny breacher helmets you have a beautiful gem effect. The cockpit controls on the Stormsurge are fantastic too.

Sho´Yuken
Shas

Post#15 » Oct 25 2016 06:57

Thanks for the incentive and the kind words, friends! :D

Darklighter: Yes, I painted the cockpit before assembly.

Sho´Yuken
Shas

Post#16 » Dec 18 2016 02:13

I recently added this Y´Vahra to my Cadre and was able to try two new things. First was the Vallejo Old Gold paint (which I really liked) and the second was to try a new effect on the main gun using glazes and wet blending. Although it did not end up as I wanted, the effect was nice for the most part. I have to try it on the next Y´Varha. I thought I would only add one to my Cadre, but after seeing the damage this thing can put out and how much firepower it attracts, I really considering adding a second one

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#17 » Dec 23 2016 01:29

Holy wow.. thats no small things 8D The bold colour and strong tone really gives him some serious mass :)

Return to “Galleries”