my Tau army, through boldness, supremacy!

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
thezanji
Shas'La
Shas'La

my Tau army, through boldness, supremacy!

Post#1 » May 18 2016 03:20

Hi everyone, I have been in this forum for a very short time, so I will introduce myself, I'm from mexico, and I started playing the game last year, and just wanted to show you the army I have been gathering over a year and a half.

When I started the army I hadn't seen any other images of tau aside from the ones in the codex, and I wanted mine to look different (at the moment I had only seen them sepia and dark red) and also I wanted them to use colors from star wars, so I picked black and white, to make them look like storm stroopers and then I wanted to change and add the rebel alliance element, so I added the color red (khorne), but when I learned to paint I discovered that it's almost impossible to make white (ceramite) armored tau look nice, no highliths can be added and the white color is very transparent, so I mixed my own grey color from black and white from citadel paints.

The result is this grey and red (mephisto) army, after I finally got my Commander Farsight (I was on a trip to europe) I added the dark grey color as well, and I love it now.

here are the pictures:

you can see the difference on colors and some improvement in techqnique from my first piranha and my new piranha.

thanks for your attention
Tau'va.

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Re: my Tau army, through boldness, supremacy!

Post#2 » May 18 2016 05:44

Hello friend!, nice to know about another Tau player in the country! Hope to see more of your work!

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » May 19 2016 12:24

Really love the color scheme as well. I also discovered how hard it is to paint white and keep it nice so I actually switched to silver. Love your grey red white scheme reminds me if Vi'lora but a little different.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » May 19 2016 12:33

Wow it's pretty rare to see Farsight Enclave in something other than their fluffy blood red armor. I quite like it i think. :)

thezanji
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » May 20 2016 09:50

Thanks guys, initially i only wanted smañl red details but then i wanted ti add more red so the army could look both as tau enpire faction and farsight enclaves faction. And now that apparently farsight enclaves is not a faction on its own perhaps it can be both.

Thanks again for your commebts.

Jas' Mont'yr M'yen
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 22 2016 07:37

I really love the gold on Aun'Va! Your Ta'unar suits are looking good too!
one thing i have to pick out is the painting on some of the weapon barrels, the 'getting ready to fire' effects are great!
What can you write in fifty-five characters? This text.

Return to “Galleries”