Tan'quil Cadre- Urban Scheme Riptides

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- XV9 Hazard

Post#55 » Apr 27 2010 03:00

Lessa wrote:
One: It's the XV-9 Hazard Suit.

Roger- changed. Though I think Havoc sounds better if a little bit imperially... ;)

A little more Chaos, actually-their Heavy Weapons dudes are called Havocs, as are the Havoc Missile Launchers. :)

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- 54mm Tau

Post#56 » May 20 2010 01:03

Hello all

I picked this up from a chap on the coolminiornot.com website. It's 54mm scale so fits in nicely with my Artemis and Eldar Ranger. It's not very well painted, but the sculpt is brilliant and I recommend it to Tau lovers everywhere!!! I'll post some more pics when I've finished some more of the details etc.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?36704-Tau-shas-ui-dead-IG-54mm
All warfare is based on deception.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- 54mm Tau Figure

Post#57 » May 20 2010 02:46

Wow,

I really enjoy that figure and I'm looking forward to see your progress on it.

Terminatorinhell
Shas

Post#58 » May 20 2010 03:01

The face detail alone is mind blowing, an inquisitor scale tau.. that just made me die of happiness! :eek: :dead:

blood&iron
Shas

Post#59 » Jun 10 2010 04:13

I order the mini and last month, and all I can say is wow.

First I got the model in 7 days, that's shipping from Spain to the East coast of the U.S.

Next the model is fantastic. It had very little flash to remove and just needed a warm bath to remove the mold releasing agent and it was good to go.

Putting it together was a breeze, he molded pins and holes into the the large parts, so all you have to do it drill the already started holes and the pin on the opposite piece slides right in.

The details are great and now I'm just waiting to paint it.

I also did a little conversion work, so that the model is wearing his helmet and holding the pulse carbine is his left hand. ( I have a pet peeve how in 40k when they promote you they take away your helmet :fear: )

Anyway, I'll take some pictures before and after painting.

Definitely give the whole experience a 10!

blood&iron
Shas

Post#60 » Nov 30 2010 12:20

Sorry for the necromancy, but finally got the time to finish this guy.

http://www.the-ifl.com/v1/Forum/tabid/65/forumid/6/threadid/40338/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#61 » Nov 30 2010 05:18

Well, glad to see you're back! The larger fire warrior is quite interesting. Takes back to the original concept art I see. He looks like he could use some highlighting though, looks a little flat.

O'Ka'mesa
Fio

Post#62 » Nov 30 2010 06:51

You know I had tossed around the idea of using IG models besides Cadians and Catachans as auxiliaries and now that I've actually seen it done I like it even more. Great job on the Ethereal, the one bad thing I have to say however is that the Hat on the Por Caste member is WAY to big IMHO. It looks like a techno sumbrero that would break his neck :D.
We must master ourselves before mastering our enemy.

blood&iron
Shas

Post#63 » Dec 02 2010 11:28

Agentarrow wrote:Well, glad to see you're back! The larger fire warrior is quite interesting. Takes back to the original concept art I see. He looks like he could use some highlighting though, looks a little flat.

The model is highlighter and washed. I think it's a combination of the picture and that I don't like heavy highlights.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#64 » Dec 02 2010 11:00

okay, that's possible. Great work still!

blood&iron
Shas

Post#65 » Dec 03 2010 12:13

Thanks!

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- Tiger Shark upgrade

Post#66 » Jul 31 2012 03:13

please ignore the rubbish attempt at damage. I was just pleased with my air brushing!!! :P

E'nigma
Shas

Post#67 » Jul 31 2012 03:41

Awesome Tigershark you got there. It's a real good unit on the battlefield. Sucks it's got a nerf with the change of D weapons and Ordinance. But other than that it preforms like a champ hence I have2 of them. :)

Lessa
Shas

Post#68 » Sep 22 2012 10:49

just need to work on the application of battle damage and ware on some of the figures. Not sure what to add next...

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- Urban Cadre Riptides!

Post#69 » Jul 01 2015 05:37

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- Urban Scheme Riptides

Post#70 » Jul 01 2015 08:46

These are outstanding. What green are you using for the tech glow? The Grey and Orange are a great combination, you've managed to make these look finished where I've seen others using greys which make the model look merely primed.

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- Urban Scheme Riptides

Post#71 » Jul 02 2015 03:27

These are outstanding. What green are you using for the tech glow? The Grey and Orange are a great combination, you've managed to make these look finished where I've seen others using greys which make the model look merely primed.

Hi Modelglue,

Thanks for you kind comments, I've found that using the Forgeworld modelling powders has really helped get over the grey 'primer' feel, because that's largely what the flat colour is - primer with a drybrush and wash! I used the citadel technical paint Nihilakh Oxide for the glow; I just put plenty in the recess and ensured it spilt over and then added a blob of white in the middle!

Return to “Galleries”