Tan'quil Cadre- Urban Scheme Riptides

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
Insectoid
Kroot

Post#19 » Mar 11 2008 02:48

Sweet nibblets! I LOVE that scheme, and the xv25's...(starts to drool, feels a bit woozy....) Awesome Awesome AWESOME!!!!!!

I especially like the crashed valkyrie. Say, Is it worth the money? how well is it done (by FW standards) I intend to eventually buy one, as well as the crashed tempest & piranha.
Mostly just lurk.

D6Veteran
Shas

Post#20 » Mar 11 2008 10:24

Lessa wrote:Thank you all for your comments, and in response to a couple of them...

Below is another picture of the Stealth Suits (for D6Veteran), they were inspired by some of the artwork in the Taros Campaign Book. They are a bit rushed and I intend to go back to them once I've caught up on the rest of the army.

Nice job on the stealth field!

kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

Post#21 » Mar 12 2008 03:58

good stuff, thanks for the efforts to get the pics working.

Yes, I recognise your Stealth suits as using the Skyline camo as seen in the Taros book, good job!

Primary Colours- sure, they just use the pastel versions of them. I like your black/yellow look too. :)
Please visit my New Online Gallery Scale120

Lessa
Shas

Post#22 » Mar 13 2008 06:00

I'll try and get some more pictures of the Water Caste at the weekend when I'm home. He is just one of the FW Air Caste with a bit of green stuff and a gun drone hat. He's also got a camera drone (not shown in the picture) and he uses the funny staff thing as a microphone! He's based on one of the winning models from Golden Demon a few years back.

http://demonwinner.free.fr/uk/2002/gold ... ategorie=1

I use the whole Tau'faan as objective markers for games.

insectoid wrote:

I especially like the crashed valkyrie. Say, Is it worth the money? how well is it done (by FW standards) I intend to eventually buy one, as well as the crashed tempest & piranha

I also have the crashed Piranha. Both models are highly detailed and great fun to paint. I painted the Valkyrie black after seeing the film 'Black Hawk Down' It looks great as an objective on the table.

I had a couple of problems fitting the pieces together and cleaning it, but it was my first large scale FW model. :)

Lessa
Shas

Water Caste Pictures

Post#23 » Mar 16 2008 04:45

As promised some pictures of my water caste.

Fraggle
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#24 » Mar 16 2008 07:11

Woo! nice! What's it made from? Can I steal your idea? :P

Lessa
Shas

Post#25 » Mar 17 2008 03:25

Help yourself. As I said I was inspired by a miniature from Games Day a few years ago (see link)!!

http://demonwinner.free.fr/uk/2002/gold ... ategorie=1

He is just a FW Air Caste model, drone hat with some green stuff robes. The mike/ staff is just green stuff over some wire.

Simple :D

Warhound
Shas

Post#26 » Mar 17 2008 05:11

Wow! I am honoured!!!

Thats my Por sat in that link!!

I have always wondered if others are inspired directly through my work, and after years, here is the proof!

Nice work and thankyou. Great work onthe rest of the cadre by they way, I can't seem to decide on which I prefer- both styles I like- the bold yellow and the red (like Keith Robertsons from the original codex)

cheers

Wa'Rhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

Post#27 » Mar 17 2008 05:50

there you go Warhound, bet that one made your day!
Please visit my New Online Gallery Scale120

Lessa
Shas

Post#28 » Mar 17 2008 10:52

Its great to find people whose work you admire. You see all the wonderful photographs of models but the artist is just a name! :P

I'm glad you like him (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!)

The red cadre is indeed based on Keith Roberts work. There used to be a link to it on the GW website with lots of helpful hints and tips. I think its a nice bright colour scheme that just about works as desert cammo!

The yellow cadre was orginally black and white (storm trooper style) but this just didn't fit with the desert background, so some Sun Burst Yellow and Blood Red later and voila!

Lessa
Shas

Post#29 » Mar 30 2008 04:15

Hello I thought I'd put up some more pictures of the growing army. I've still got 5 battlesuits and 2 hammerheads to finish off and that should almost be that...

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (Remora's and Shas'El added)

Post#30 » May 01 2008 03:03

Only me!!!

I've just started to paint a pair of remora's for my cadre. I'm not sure what to do for bases. I'd like to use some clear plastic rather than balsa wood, but I'm open to suggestions.

Also you may notice than one has a bit of wear and tear. I'm not sure if this adds to the model or not. Any thoughts let me know!!!

The Shas'El and body guard I will use as the leaders of the rapid insertion team. He's supposed to look like he's just landed and flattened a space marine. I don't think power armour will stand up to a couple of ton of battle suit hurtling at speed!!!

All warfare is based on deception.

NeoHunter
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (New Remora Pictures...)

Post#31 » May 03 2008 09:54

Erm...not sure whether a Space Marine can withstand a blow from a Crisis Battlesuit at full speed but I think that looks nice.

Mont'sha
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (New Remora Pictures...)

Post#32 » May 04 2008 11:04

Yeah, NeoHunter, I don't think the Marine is meant to withstand it either :P . *crunch*
Awsome Cadre Lessa, or rather, both cadre's. I like your weathered Remora better, btw

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (Shas'La T'au Kais conversion)

Post#33 » Sep 15 2008 04:24

Hello,

I've just spent some time making some special characters for my Cadre. This is a model of Shas' La T'au Kais as seen on the front cover on the Fire Warrior book. Please let me know what you think!!

He's not perfect, for example he's backwards to the picture, and he's resting on a helmet not a skull, but there we go :roll:

Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (Shas'La T'au Kais)

Post#34 » Sep 15 2008 05:27

Looks pretty good to me, my only criticism would be that in the pictures he's sitting on a hill of bones and you have him on a layer of bones. It's a small criticism I know but fi you're going to recreate a picture then it's a big floor. Pardon the pun.

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (Shas'La T'au Kais 'Fire Warrior' conversion)

Post#35 » Sep 16 2008 02:32

Well, thanks for the comment, though I did say he's not perfect. He might look a little silly running round the battlefield on a mountain of skulls/ helmets, but there's nothing wrong with running on a carpet!!

It's not always possible to make exact copies- not even Golden Demon winners do it perfectly... :D

Lextar
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (Shas'La T'au Kais 'Fire Warrior' conversion)

Post#36 » Sep 17 2008 03:20

Very nice army. I love your commander (first picture) and I thought the white bit on the head was a pony tail until I saw the second picture. But that's a compliment as I've been trying to make my Battlesuits more feminine.

Can you take a picture of the five figures (one which is the water caste) in the first army picture. It looks like you tried to create a command HQ style group and would like to see more of them.

Return to “Galleries”