Tan'quil Cadre- Urban Scheme Riptides

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
Prophaniti
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (Shas'La T'au Kais 'Fire Warrior' conversion)

Post#37 » Sep 17 2008 05:59

Frankly I'm just impressed that you managed to paint a black and (bright) yellow cadré. That combination is probably the most work intensive possible. With Citadel paints anyway.
Nach dem spiel ist vor dem spiel

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre Air Support- Tiger Shark

Post#38 » Jun 16 2009 08:28

Hello all,

Long time no speak :dead: . I've been a little busy with the other love of my life, namely my big black motorcycle ;) ! Anyway I have also been busy painting. I have now offically painted every T'au Empire figure I own :eek: , and I'm currently planning my next project. Below are a couple of pictures of the 'finished' cadre along with some air support...

The army list consists of:

1 Ethereal and retinue
2 x Shas'O
2x Shas'El
2x Shas'Vre
3x XV88
3x XV25
8x XV8
50x Fire Warriors
10x Kroot
6x Vespid
5x Gue'la
2x Devilfish
3x Hammerhead
1x Skyray
2x Remora
1x Tigershark
All warfare is based on deception.

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Re: Tan'quil Cadre (Shas'La T'au Kais 'Fire Warrior' conversion)

Post#39 » Jun 16 2009 08:36

Wow, these are beautiful! I really like your Ethereal and the Water Caste guy. Good job on the Stealth Team as well!

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre Air Support- Tiger Shark

Post#40 » Jun 16 2009 08:39

Thanks for the positive comments. Water Caste guy- £9 from forgeworld, 1 gundrone and lots of swearing at green stuff :P

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- Air Support Tiger Shark

Post#41 » Jun 16 2009 02:51

I love your remoras. I'll be buying some and now I want to do mine like those (but in the blue tones of my army)

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#42 » Jun 17 2009 04:39

Excellent work, Lessa. I have just looked through this whole thread and am very impressed indeed. The Tigershark in particular is particularly well executed; very crisp painting indeed.

E.

Lessa
Shas

Post#43 » Jun 18 2009 03:59

Thanks again for all of the positive responses. The Tiger Shark was an absolute pleasure to paint. A few tips if you plan on buying one yourself:

A. Think long and hard about how you are going to display it, and then how you are going to store it. Mine is screwed into a perspex rod that can be undone and it all fits back in the box it came in.

B. Wash, wash and wash again! I know this is mentioned every time someone puts a Forgeworld model together, but I'm so glad I spent so much time in the prep.

C. Check the pieces fit. I was pleasantly surprised that all of the pieces fitted with minor gaps and alterations needed. Be careful though, the cockpit section does come out, but with a couple of layers of paint on all the pieces, it's a bit tight and tends to scratch the paintwork.

D. Don't forget to paint the cockpit before you put the whole thing together, it makes life a lot easier.

And after telling you all I've finished this Cadre it's on to the next one...

As soon as I've got a couple more bits and pieces done, I'll start a new thread, and I might add some of the fluff to the library :biggrin:

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#44 » Jun 18 2009 12:48

wow, that suit has cool weathering and battle damage. You may wish to take care of the little knob for attaching the second antenna and possibly fill the gap in the backpack.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#45 » Jun 19 2009 05:42

Nicely appointed battlesuit. Might I ask the base colour you're using in the work?

The damage is bold in a couple of places, but certainly looks the part of an abused urban fighter :)

thanks!
Tael.

Lessa
Shas

Post#46 » Jun 21 2009 01:32

possibly fill the gap in the backpack

You're absolutley right about the gaps in the jump pack, but I was originally going to put an aerial over the gaps, but decided I didn't like it!! :? I only put the model together for something to do, and it only took about 4 hours in total- can't get enough of the Tau! ;)

Might I ask the base colour you're using in the work?

I'm actually cheating considerably, I'm using Humbrol acrylic spray paints ( I think it's battleship grey), qucik light wash of Chaos black, and a careful drybrush of fortress grey then markings and transfers before finally adding some battle damage.

The damage is bold in a couple of places

I really struggled to apply the battle damage, I'm not able to make fine enough and realistic strokes, but it looks ok from 3 or 4 feet away and in dull light... ;)

Lessa
Shas

Post#47 » Aug 22 2009 04:43

I'm rapidly running out of time before I have a six month sojourn to a desert somewhere... Here's a quick look at my latest cadre. I went for a more traditional 'sci-fi' look, sticking to greys and silvers. I want to give the impression of an urban cadre. I think in these situations more gun drones would be used, so I've got 2 squads of 8 painted- though there's only one in the picture. The other drones are for the battle suits when I finally get round to painting them some time next year :roll:

I haven't decided what colour the kroot claws should be, nor have I finished drilling out the barrels.

The Fire Warriors may or may not have battle damage on them- I haven't decided yet!!

Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Post#48 » Aug 22 2009 03:05

Nice work there man, really like the detail on the Tau skin.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#49 » Aug 22 2009 10:56

*applauds* Excellent painting. Your work is very nice.

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#50 » Aug 22 2009 11:04

Since I too am working on an urban themed cadre, I gotta say that yours looks great! Excellent battle damage!

Lessa
Shas

Post#51 » Aug 23 2009 04:23

Nice work there man, really like the detail on the Tau skin.

I followed most of the instructions in the last UK White Dwarf, just used slightly different colours as I don't have Fenris Grey. :smile:

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- XV9 Havoc and Pirahna

Post#52 » Apr 27 2010 10:25

Hello all,

Back from my little holiday in the 'Stan and have found some time to relax and catch up on some painting... :D

However, my camera is full of dust and sand and the focus is slightly out... any excuse to get a new one!!

Firestorm
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- XV9 Havoc

Post#53 » Apr 27 2010 10:45

I just got two things to say.

One: It's the XV-9 Hazard Suit.
Two: Epic paint job. And I love the basing work you've done.

Keep up the fantastic painting work.

Lessa
Shas

Re: Tan'quil Cadre- XV9 Hazard

Post#54 » Apr 27 2010 11:25

One: It's the XV-9 Hazard Suit.

Roger- changed. Though I think Havoc sounds better if a little bit imperially... ;)

Return to “Galleries”