Eiglepulper finally learns how to post pics!

A Display of the best projects and Cadres on ATT.
Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Eiglepulper finally learns how to post pics!

Post#1 » Mar 11 2008 02:10

Ok, so folks have been at me to post some of my painted stuff, so here's a few of them. Not brilliant compared to most of you other Michelangelos, but there you are!
First: R'myr

Now, one of my Ethereals

Good Ol' Anghor. Maybe I'll finish his base off sometime this year...

And finally....She Whose Butt Does Not Look Big In This....

Yes, yes.....I *know* Shadowsun's armour is supposed to be white. I think that particular suit is at the laundry. Hard to keep clean, you see. Oh, and that isn't nail polish on the fingers of her left hand, it's reflected flash!

Anyway, that's all for the moment, folks.

E.
Last edited by Eiglepulper on Mar 12 2008 06:20, edited 1 time in total.

paidinfull
Shas

Post#2 » Mar 11 2008 02:13

SWEEEEEET!
Looking sharp.

I happen to dig the red. You did an excellent job!

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#3 » Mar 11 2008 02:28

Thank you. I'm a Follower of Farsight, so all my stuff is red-based except for the Pathfinder units. For some reason I decided that they should be done in green and brown. :-? Something to do with the notion of them being "ahead of the main force, therefore they will need camouflage".

Hmmm....must have been on too much caffeine that night.

E.

GREY88
Shas

Post#4 » Mar 11 2008 02:54

Very nice, I think you have great potential to be a better painter!!! You just need to stay away from dry brushing and shade more. Keep up the good work!!!

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#5 » Mar 11 2008 04:09

R'myr was done ages ago, and yes, once you try out blending and shading you don't really want to go back to dry-brushing!

E.

Preacher
Shas

Post#6 » Mar 11 2008 05:26

nice! i really like the pose on r'myr :smile:
I am but a humble servant of the higher powers.

kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

Post#7 » Mar 12 2008 04:04

hey hey, here we go! Nice work E, these are fine minis and shame on you for not posting yet.

Your photo skills are also quite good right out of the gate, excellent clarity and focus. Lighting is good too, for simple snaps. Much better than my first couple of hundred attempts...

Now, I seem to remember you discussing the large volume you paint, so how about some group shots? I have the feeling that your minis will work even better together in large numbers?
Last edited by kai'lore on Mar 12 2008 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my New Online Gallery Scale120

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#8 » Mar 12 2008 10:16

I wish it was a large volume I was painting at the moment. Got a sickener for the hobby as you know, and am trying to force myself back into it.

Nevertheless, I shall attempt to rally round some of the chaps....they're a bit wary of cameras... ;)

E.

P'Shar's Rifles
Kor'O
Kor'O

Post#9 » Mar 12 2008 11:57

Lookin' good there, E! I like the port and starboard running lights on R'Myr... ;)

++Heh heh! Someone noticed at last! Just my sense of humour coming out there - Eigle++

Your "Anghor Prok" model is very appealing. I really like the combination of textures and how different the leather and "fabric" look from his body. Nice dry-brushing/blending mix and you've managed to create good contrast without looking like he doesn't belong "in the field". I don't generally like kroot minis, but if they all looked like that, I'd want them on the table. :-)

Witheraf
Shas

Post#10 » Mar 12 2008 01:05

Nice work, eigle. excellent red on shadowsun! :D
I won't not use double negatives...

Cadre Thread

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#11 » Mar 12 2008 06:26

Ok, so Kai wants a few unit shots, eh? Well then, here you go:

Vespid:

Strain Leader:

Stealths:

Hailstorm

Centurion:

Skyray: This was the finished product until I saw faol's "glowing engine vanes" so that is a job yet to be done.

Once I get the whole 10000pts built and painted, I'll try to get a panoramic shot of it all, but that won't happen for quite some time.

E.

Fraggle
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#12 » Mar 12 2008 06:40

Did you just say 10,000 points? :eek:

++Yes. The thought of it scares me too. Eigle++

I love the R'Myr, very nicely done!

And yes, that Shas'ui definitely used too much hair gel.

kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

Post#13 » Mar 12 2008 08:18

nice work E, that's an impressive collection you have there and yes, they look great in the group shots there!
Please visit my New Online Gallery Scale120

Insectoid
Kroot

Post#14 » Mar 16 2008 12:22

You need more practise on the ethereal's head...

The red looks pretty spiffy, I know when I get shadowsun I will not be painting her white.
Mostly just lurk.

Gareth
Shas

Post#15 » Mar 17 2008 06:02

I've been waiting around 6 years to see Eiglepulper's work... no serious I have. This goes all the way back to the msn community boards the space wolves community (swc) had years ago.

All I can say is it was well worth the 6 year wait. Well done dude.

Shas' O
Shas

Post#16 » Mar 17 2008 11:51

10,000 points! That's got to be the biggst Tau army ever. What is that 1000 fire warrior's a couple of mantas, all the Auns, a 100 hammer heads give or take! I'd love to see your army list but that could take a couple of years to write out. 10,000 points :fear: , I'm going to hide in my stealth suit now!
Would the last Tau in the universe turn out the lights!

Eltnot
Shas

Post#17 » Mar 17 2008 07:27

Shas' O, 10,000 points is a lot less than you think. I know that BOHICABob has almost 10,000 points (9250 if I recall correctly). I know because we played a 28,000 point a side game of Apoc together with about 15,000 points of Tau on one side...

I too have been waiting to see Eigle's army, and I can't wait for that group shot. Good work so far, and don't worry Eigle, by the time you finish 10,000 points, you too can be a regular Michaelangelo.

jais
Shas

Post#18 » Mar 19 2008 12:47

Great work dude!

I love the red!

Could you please tell me how you did the vespids skin?
I never get it right.....

Return to “Galleries”