Thoughts on Pathfinders

A review of past Tactics by commanders during the First, Second, Third & Fourth Phase Expansion.
Troutmonkey
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#19 » Jul 15 2006 06:12

Taipan wrote:this is for taumonkey

unless I'm reading it wrong (wouldn't be the first time :/ ), ure first pair of XV8's are illegal. Only 3 hardpoints, and no hardwired stuff for Shas'ui. Sorry, but I got picked up for this recently, thought I'd get in first ;)

why are you not taking SI gear on your Shas'O? For example you could have IC status still by dropping the gun drones (excuse the LOL), replace the Shield Generator with Stims, and give him VRT to bring the pain in range (optimal movement of 18" in assault move, ehehehehehhe).

Burst cannon is worst, cheapest weapon in Crisis armoury. If your taking that setup for points, u've wasted them somewhere else. If thats a serious setup, time for a rethink. Even the flamer (urgh :/ worse than the ork equivelant) is a better option than burst. Think plasma (because helios kicks ass at range and at 12" :biggrin: ) or Twin MP (pop transports/speeders).

Sif Krootox, worst unit ever. MP is better, and can be taken more often.

BASS your Broadsides (give em ASS) and combine into 3 man team, give twin plas, hw multi and hw dc with a pair of shield for the Tm L.

Seeing as you will have plenty of railguns there, why not go for a Ionhead. Excellent at killing everything not requiring most powerful gun in game :evil: to kill. Basically, if you are not either a Termie or a Dread, you are dead.

Brave person for taking Vespid, I salute you (gives Imperial style salute). No really, not being sarcastic, if you know how to use them, do give it to those SM Tau haters, they deserve a few AP3 to wake em up. :evil:

ah, I shouldn't hate, but I do.

thus endeth the rant

the shas'ui is supposed to be a 'vre. The'o used to have a CIB but the amount of time he was killed in CC caus of power weps the sheild is better. Can you use VRT in the assualt instead of jetting??? :? :crafty:
Burst cannon was used cause thats how it was when I got it (eBay) should give it MP for light vehicles. Krootox i've never really used cept that when i have a have killed a dreadnought in one turn and popped off 3-5 devastators without a causalty. The Broadsides do have BASS i forgot 2 write it (whoops :roll: ) might try the ionhead cept someone stole the bits (bits thiefs, don't you hate them? :( ) and vespids were to fill points, but they've done well so far (even after they massacred a full str SM squad down to 2, they still all died+ they killed some possessed in another game b4 being assaulted...[point filler, may use stealths instead])
*takes a breath*
now if i do all that what can i use to fill points? apart from all that in my 2000pts list i have: 4 Stealths, 1 XV8 with TL Burst Cannons, 1 XV8 with MP, PR, FB and MT, 1 XV8 with PR, BC, SG, MT and a XV8 with a Burst Cannnon...
should i convert them to FireKnife? or have more deepstrike Fusion goodies? :evil:

anyway this is not my thread sorry for interupting :)
www.alice40k.tripod.com
Troutmonkey on LIVE

Troutmonkey
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#20 » Jul 15 2006 06:20

+ i have $70 (AU) to spend and i'm thinking of getting another Piranha or 2. what do i need? PF's? More stealths?
www.alice40k.tripod.com
Troutmonkey on LIVE

Taipan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Jul 15 2006 06:22

i don't think he'll mind, its just forums :)

anyway, Fireknife is good, if ure feeling crazy go for helios, field stealths if you can (they rock against infantry)

thats all for now

Return to “Archival Datacore”