Optimised Stealth Cadre Tactics

A review of past Tactics by commanders during the First, Second, Third & Fourth Phase Expansion.
Talljester
Shas

Re: Optimised Stealth Cadre Tactics

Post#37 » Oct 17 2016 03:22

Thank you for the clarification, formations are rather new to me and I thought if he became a part of the unit he'd benefit from wall of mirrors, similar to how stealth and shrouded are passed on.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#38 » Oct 17 2016 03:35

Stealth and Shrouded aren't passed on either. Saves are on a model per model basis and aren't shared through the whole unit. ;)

Unusualsuspect
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Post#39 » Oct 17 2016 03:51

Panzer wrote:Stealth and Shrouded aren't passed on either. Saves are on a model per model basis and aren't shared through the whole unit. ;)

Huh? :-?

Both the Stealth and Shrounded USRs have the "A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule" wording that allows the whole unit to benefit. It's why Shadowsun is used in Tau Crisis Suit deathstar units.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#40 » Oct 17 2016 03:54

Oh wait really? I might be wrong on that then. I rarely have a unit with only a single stealth/shrouded model. It would make sense though.

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#41 » Oct 17 2016 06:00

Yep, a model with stealth/shrouded confers it to the whole unit.

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Dec 18 2016 07:52

Ricordis wrote:Yep, a model with stealth/shrouded confers it to the whole unit.

This applies to piranha squadrons w/ disruption pods?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#43 » Dec 19 2016 02:21

Overheal wrote:
Ricordis wrote:Yep, a model with stealth/shrouded confers it to the whole unit.

This applies to piranha squadrons w/ disruption pods?

Disruption Pod doesn't give stealth nor shrouded. It improves the cover save of the model by +1. So no there is nothing that could be confered to the rest of the unit.

CommanderDeathrain
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#44 » Dec 19 2016 04:35

Thanks for this
This has been very helpful for me as I ran this last Saturday with only 1 keel vs daemons and I'll be honest I was under whelmed with the formation but now I see I used it wrong

ProfRuffleberg
Shas'Saal

Post#45 » Jan 31 2017 08:52

Great Article, thanks a lot from a "Newby". :)

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#46 » Mar 02 2017 03:21

Some guys wanted to try out their battle brothers lists against Tau at the club so I decided to try out an OSC for the first time. Just a single Ghostkeel but I did take the Gunrig with the intention of one of the Stealth teams manning it for some saucy long range firepower.

Wow.

After my 2nd shooting phase the game was over as a contest and they called it. So my conclusion is that OSC is more or less an auto-win against orks. I had to explain that Wall of Mirrors rule to my opponents a couple of times, I think they were struggling to get their head round just how strong it is.

The railgun did serious work - exploding two trukks which caused carnage in a tightly packed swarm of Boyz trying to rush up the table at me. Ignore cover and 3+ re-rollable to hit was very nasty without much need for markerlight support. The target lock on one of the Stealth Suit helped me avoid the problem of massively over-killing that one target.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#47 » Mar 02 2017 04:28

nic wrote:So my conclusion is that OSC is more or less an auto-win against orks.

I could have told you so before. :D
OSC is one of our strongest formations available and S7 AP4 dakka is pretty much THE bane of Orks. It doesn't even have to hit the rear armor to do serious damage. A bunch of Broadsides probably would have done about as much damage as the OSC. :D

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#48 » Mar 02 2017 05:49

Panzer wrote:
nic wrote:So my conclusion is that OSC is more or less an auto-win against orks.

I could have told you so before. :D
OSC is one of our strongest formations available and S7 AP4 dakka is pretty much THE bane of Orks. It doesn't even have to hit the rear armor to do serious damage. A bunch of Broadsides probably would have done about as much damage as the OSC. :D

You among other already did tell me so; I had to see it on the table for myself to truly understand the shock and awe of it.

I usually use broadsides and when I am deploying first (I always go first against orks if I can) they can be counter-deployed against. Much of the OSC infiltrates and the whole thing is more mobile than broadsides.

Those ork lists are being re-thought - even if you are not aiming for the top tables nobody wants to get so comprehensively smashed off the table as that.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#49 » Mar 03 2017 02:48

Yeah Orks really have a hard time these days and Tau being so well equipped to handle them without any real efford doesn't really help the Ork players experience (or the never ending whining against Tau being generally broken).

Same szenario vs Tyranids btw.

Return to “Archival Datacore”