Thinking about a cheeezy list.

A review of past Tactics by commanders during the First, Second, Third & Fourth Phase Expansion.
DasVerner
Shas

Thinking about a cheeezy list.

Post#1 » Nov 29 2016 05:49

My LGS is having an event where they want as cheesy lists as possible. Im see this as an opportunity to field my Tau'nar together with my stormsurge and a optimised stealth cadre. Some kroot for meatshields and drone net for markerlights.
I will also use My void shield generator and im thinking of using My newly accquired Sisters of Silence as a null-zone.

The Idea is having the Tau'nar and stormsurge within the void shields effect and having the sisters 6 inches behind.
Using two squads of 10 kroot as bubblewrap and having an ethereal ( cheep HQ for My CAD) in the middle for the leadership bubble.

Taking objectives Will be an issue since i Will have few units that can take them. But knowing My gamingstore they often use killpoint missions or variants of it.

Have I Missed something? I Can post the detaljs list later if you guys need it.

Mirth
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Thinking about a cheeezy list.

Post#2 » Nov 29 2016 10:50

What do your units in the OSC look like? If you have a full three Ghostkeels in it, there should be no issue with taking at least one or two objectives. :) Less than that will require more fire support from the Ta'unar/Stormsurge.

Are you bringing any markerlights to optimize the Stormsurge capability? Otherwise I think you've got your bases pretty well covered. :)
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#3 » Nov 29 2016 01:03

I would try to fit a few tetras and Gu'save troops into the mix if is some points. Secondary objectives are huge. You are for sure in cheese town with the tau'nar in the list. Sister will protect them from the Cabal factor. :)

DasVerner
Shas

Post#4 » Nov 29 2016 03:18

The OSC is made up out of the two stealth teams, each 3 guys, one of them with fusion+target lock. I couldnt fit a third ghostkeel so its just 2 of them. Both with Fusionblasters and Cyclic Ion Rakers, both has Stims, one has target lock, one has velocity tracker.

The Stormsurge has Shield, EWO and VT. As weapons it has Airburst fragmentation launchers and the Pulse Driver Cannon.

For markers I have the Dronenet with minimum squads. Havnt decided to make all markers or just a few. I also use a Mark'O with Irridium, Shield, Stims, Dronecontroller and one missilepod. He brings two markerdrones and will join one of the Dronenet squads of markerdrones.

I was thinking of using my tetras. Just got them, and they arent painted yet, so I have no idea on how to use them in a good way. Are two squads of 2 tetras better then markerdrones from the dronenet?

All in all, the list is:

Tau Empire CAD
Hq
Ethereal 50pts

Troop
Kroot Carnivors (10 kroot) 75pts
Sniper Rounds
Kroot Hount

Kroot Carnivors (10 kroot) 75pts
Sniper Rounds
Kroot Hount

LOW
Stormsurge 455pts
Airburst Fragmentation Launcher
Pulse driver Cannon
Shield Generator
Early Warning Override
Velocity Tracker

Tau Empire CAD
Farsight Enclave

HQ
Commander 204pts
Dronecontroller
Missile pod
Shield Generator
Stimulant Injector
Irridium Armor
Neuroweb Jammer
Onager Gauntlet
Marker Drone x2

Troop
Crisis Suit 56pts
Bonding Knife
Fusion Blaster x2
Advanced Targeting Systems

Crisis Suit 33pts
Bonding Knife
Flamer x2

LOW
Tau'nar Supremacy Armor 600pts
Triaxis Ion Cannon
Fusion Eradicator
Pulse Ordnance Multi-driver

Fortification
Void Shield Generator 75pts
Projected Shields x2

Formation Detachment: Tau Empire

Optimised Stealth Cadre
Stealth Suits 100pts
2 with Burst cannons
1 with Fusion Blaster and Targetlock

Stealth Suits 100pts
2 with Burst cannons
1 with Fusion Blaster and Targetlock

Ghostkeels 377pts
2 Suits, Both have Cyclic Ion Rakers, twinlinked Fusion blaster and stimulant injectors. One has Target lock, the other
Velocity Tracker.

Drone net VX1-0 224pts
4 Squads of 4 Markerdrones

Formation Detachment: Sisters of Silence

Null-maiden taskforce 75pts
3 Sisters with Executioner Greatblade and 2 with Bolters

Total Points :2499. The event used 2500pts.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Nov 29 2016 07:44

Take your Tau'nar, Stormsurge, as many Riptides as possible. Get a few crisis suits as troops for filler spots, and a Commander with markerdrones.

That's about as cheese as you can get.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#6 » Nov 30 2016 02:51

Tetras are more maneuverable, have great range and are Twin-linked so there more reliable for garranteed markers.

You will get 4 marker drones for 56pts while one tetra is 35 pts.

However the drones give you the opportunity to get 4 marker lights on 4 upset while a tetra only gives you 2 markers for the same roll but is Twin-linked so you more likely to get 2 solid markers of the tetra for less points. The tetra also moves 12inch while the marker drones move 6in.

Mark drones work fine, but the tetra is able to move around a lot more. This helps for 2ndary objectives or maelstroms.

Is a dice game so you never know what will play best. I personally feel the tetra is more dependable for the point cost. The drones do have more sustainability though, but you lose one and your leadershiping so is draw back to both units.

Return to “Archival Datacore”