Gue'vesa Auxilliaries

A review of past Tactics by commanders during the First, Second, Third & Fourth Phase Expansion.
Denirosek
Por'La
Por'La

Gue'vesa Auxilliaries

Post#1 » Nov 30 2016 06:23

Might be a dumb question but is there any point in picking the FW Gue'vesa Auxilliary Team? Do they actually do anything or are they just as bad or worse than Vespids. I'm not talking about a fluffy list of course, cause they're still extremely climatic unit, but is it worth even to try them out in a competitive one?
Prosper, as Tau shall.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Re: Gue'vesa Auxilliaries

Post#2 » Nov 30 2016 06:41

I run them in my escalation league list I have them them to be a great unit so far. The only real benefit is the cost and the fact they obsec.

They just guard.

Sniperhavens
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Dec 01 2016 01:45

Wait a second, does Forgeworld sell Gue'vesa Auxilliary models?

Denirosek
Por'La
Por'La

Post#4 » Dec 01 2016 06:26

I don't think it does, or at least not anymore. The rules for Gue'vesa Auxilliary Teams do come from Imperial Armoury though, which as far as I know, is produced by Forge World.
Prosper, as Tau shall.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Dec 02 2016 03:28

Found this in a relevant reddit thread on the same topic. FW no longer sells the models and the rules I THINK are outdated or only found in the Imperial Armor book described above.

I did find a PDF that might help. I do not know how accurate it is though.

http://www.eastern-empire.com/downloads/guevesa.pdf
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#6 » Dec 04 2016 10:33

Yeah that PDF from my site is I think 3rd or 4th edition rules? (Price Check! Aisle 3)

But, they do give you a good idea of how to go about incorporating a 'Plays As.." unit.

It is a pity GW didn't push human Auxiliaries more in the recent codex. After recent expansions, there would be more than a few extra humans about the Empire now.

Return to “Archival Datacore”