Simple question

A review of past Tactics by commanders during the First, Second, Third & Fourth Phase Expansion.
TheDragonsDen
Shas'La
Shas'La

Simple question

Post#1 » Feb 09 2017 01:19

I played like 12 years ago and have picked the game back up recently. I play Tau...big surprise eh? My question is this: Can a marker drone move then shoot it's marker light? I noticed they are heavy. If not, it seems like this is a big draw back, or am I over thinking this? Are there some good strategies to get around this? The attack and feint maybe of the hunter cad? Can they still do they're 2d6" jet pack move in the assault phase after shooting their marker lights? Thanks guys. :-(

Great site too, thanks for letting me join.

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Re: Simple question

Post#2 » Feb 09 2017 01:36

TheDragonsDen wrote:I played like 12 years ago and have picked the game back up recently. I play Tau...big surprise eh? My question is this: Can a marker drone move then shoot it's marker light? I noticed they are heavy. If not, it seems like this is a big draw back, or am I over thinking this? Are there some good strategies to get around this? The attack and feint maybe of the hunter cad? Can they still do they're 2d6" jet pack move in the assault phase after shooting their marker lights? Thanks guys. :-(

Great site too, thanks for letting me join.

Marker Drones have the Jet-Pack unit type which gives them the Relentless rule. So the answer is yes, they may move and shoot without penalty.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Simple question

Post#3 » Feb 09 2017 02:20

Everyone can move and shoot with heavy weapons. The difference is that Jetpack Units (which Drones are) have relentless so unlike Pathfinder they aren't restricted to snapshots after moving. ;)

And yes every Jetpack unit can do their thrust move in their assault phase even if they were shooting or running earlier that turn. A common tactic is to stand behind LoS blocking terrain, jump over it (no penalty thanks to Jetpacks), shoot, use the 2d6 thrust move to jump back behind the piece of terrain so they don't get shot back.

Return to “Archival Datacore”