True nature of the ethereals.

A review of past Tactics by commanders during the First, Second, Third & Fourth Phase Expansion.
cyan_david
Shas

True nature of the ethereals.

Post#1 » Apr 10 2006 02:46

Blizzard has revealed in the upcoming expansion pack to World of Warcraft, the Burning Crusade, a bit of information on a new being called the ethereal. They are, among other things, "...are liears and scoundrels who will stop at nothing... even playing both sides of the conflict... if doing so would serve to further their own goals..." :eek: Is this a mere coincidence to our own mysterious ethereals? I THINK NOT!!!

http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/bestiary.html

Edit: Added surprise face for effect.
Edit Edit: Surprise face appears to not be working. This is odd...
I need a weapon.

Fio'O Yr'Doran
Shas

Post#2 » Apr 10 2006 02:59

On the other hand the recent 'Xenology' collection, a dossier put together by the Ordo Xenos, suggests that the Ethereal caste was created by the Eldar from a normal Tau and Q'orl Queen and that the Eldar have had a heavy hand in the genetic, social and technological progress of the Tau race.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence put forward, even hints that this particular sect of Eldar may have been working directly for an Ancient (probably one of the few surviving Slaan).

theodorus
Shas

Post#3 » Apr 10 2006 03:14

how can a race with such cool helmets have descended/developed as a result of tampering from a race with the silliest looking hats ever :( :( :(

and i seriously can say that when choosing which army to collect, eldar or tau, i honestly picked tau because of the headgear. i couldnt imagine playing with (har har) a bunch of people with giant phalluses on their heads.

Sephiroth
Shas

Post#4 » Apr 10 2006 04:45

I'll give you a big hint on what's going on with the Tau from studio sources...

Watch Stargate. Notice how Teal'c has the name 'Shol'vah' which means 'traitor'...? That's not a coincidence...

The Mighty Qu'in
Por

Post#5 » Apr 11 2006 05:46

don't think it would be slaan, they were like the eldar, just created by the old ones. Though i have heard of the old ones having a hand in this, last attack on the 'crons and c'tan or something?

The Ethereals rock though. Seriously, how can they be scoundrels when they stopped an entire civilisation from wiping itself out in a mass of war and plague?

Though i am starting to worry about certain things, forced expansions and all that, the first two were relativly peaceful, this one seems down right aggresive.

stevefox
Shas

Post#6 » Apr 11 2006 09:28

The Mighty Qu'in wrote:Though i am starting to worry about certain things, forced expansions and all that, the first two were relativly peaceful, this one seems down right aggresive.

Relatively peaceful. Except for the CONQUERED worlds. Nah, there was plenty of Tau kicking butt in the first two as well. The fluff is just written in a way to make it SOUND like the Tau are benevolent. OK by me. History is written by the winners, and those that actually know how to write.

Time for some real A** Kicking now though! Lets get 'em me blue boys! Send out the Greater Good Gun Ships! Eat My Four-Fingered Fist of Fate, Gue'la scum!

Maybe thats why I like Farsight?
'El Fox
"Remember: We're the Good Guys!"

cyan_david
Shas

Post#7 » Apr 11 2006 10:14

The Mighty Qu'in wrote: The Ethereals rock though. Seriously, how can they be scoundrels when they stopped an entire civilisation from wiping itself out in a mass of war and plague?

And the Germans said the same thing about Hitler when he rose to power. He pulled them out of a depression and made thim a powerful and united (for the most part) nation. The rest, as they say, is history...
I need a weapon.

The Mighty Qu'in
Por

Post#8 » Apr 11 2006 01:19

Yes but hitler refounded Germany on rearmament. The Ethereals created a culture of creativity and beuty, harmony not conflict. Even the Fire Caste was the defender of this, and it was an honourable formation, not an agressive one.

twigboy
Shas

Post#9 » Apr 11 2006 01:31

This is bordering on political, any chance we can divert the discussion towards how the ethereals are trying to steal me lucky charms?
Ken is Tau for 6'3"

Champion of the CIB cause

The Mighty Qu'in
Por

Post#10 » Apr 11 2006 01:36

Sorry your right there, got a bit carried away.

Back to a normal forum.

Eathareeals would totaly pwn Clgar and his nooby gai honour guard.

Maybe not :?

How to be even more offensive? ;)

twigboy
Shas

Post#11 » Apr 11 2006 01:41

That was just uncalled for :roll:
truth be told I'd much prefer argue parallels in the current political landscape to certain books by a man named orwell than read net jargon. Thankfully I don't need to make that choice here :D
Ken is Tau for 6'3"

Maloink
Shas

Post#12 » Apr 11 2006 02:47

I don't know that I buy the Eldar involvement with the Tau...I'm thinking it's likely more to do with maybe one of the few suviving Old Ones.

I mean if the Eldar had the ability to generate a warp storm capable of denying Imperial involvement in the Eastern sector for thousands of years, then why haven't they utilised this ability elsewhere....against Chaos? Against the Imperium...etc.

Generating such a warptstorm, creating a race from scratch, with highly advanced technological capability sounds more like something an Old One would and could do, as well as the whole genetic manipulation with the Q'orl.

Lastly, I wouldn't take too much of what was put forth in Xenology too seriously, since much of it was speculation based on analysis that was incomplete by a man bordering on madness...who basically drew his conclusions from a few hours worth of autopsy.

It was an interesting read, but I'll take it, like any other fluff from GW, with a grain of salt.

-M
Tau....the anti-Evian

cyan_david
Shas

Post#13 » Apr 11 2006 05:02

Maloink wrote: I mean if the Eldar had the ability to generate a warp storm capable of denying Imperial involvement in the Eastern sector for thousands of years, then why haven't they utilised this ability elsewhere....against Chaos? Against the Imperium...etc.

Perhaps the Eldar foresaw a possiblity of their extinction if they were to continue living the way they did. So they created/altered an alien race, placed the warp storm, and sent in Ethereals to buildup the race until it was a powerful empire. The next part of their plan might be to become assimilated into the empire to proctect themselves from extinction. Then use their Ethereal puppets to bring the now assimilated Eldar into a high seat of power. Voila! The eldar become a strong empire again but this time having countless willing serveants who would do ANYTHING for them. It's brilliant!
I need a weapon.

twigboy
Shas

Post#14 » Apr 11 2006 05:52

There's no way a self respecting fire warrior would agree that ugly hats where for the greater good, that would alienate the entire effective ground force of the Tau.

But I really do like the way this is going... jokaero here we come!
Ken is Tau for 6'3"

Maloink
Shas

Post#15 » Apr 11 2006 08:47

Cyan

I re-iterate...

If the Eldar had the technology to create Warpstorms such as could deny Imperial Astropaths (or any other race for that matter) from navigating it for millennia, then why aren't they using it against their enemies, like...hmm...The Imperium...Dark Eldar...Chaos...etc etc...

Just doesn't jibe.

The only ones who might possess such Tech would be the Old Ones and the C'Tan...and even then, I can't see the C'Tan protecting a race of aliens they genetically engineered so they can...what...go to war with them as well?

Old Ones...the Tau are the last best hope of the Old Ones....that's my story and I'm sticking to it... :::(

-M
Tau....the anti-Evian

Senexis
Shas

Post#16 » Apr 11 2006 10:33

twigboy wrote:...the ethereals are trying to steal me lucky charms?

:eek:

?!?!?!?!

The Ethereals must be stopped!
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.

Altashheth
Shas

Post#17 » Apr 12 2006 05:52

Anyone else ever thought that the ethereals head looks like the decievers?

Also the C'tan dislike the warp and the tau have very little pressence in the warp, coincidence?

The Mighty Qu'in
Por

Post#18 » Apr 12 2006 06:43

Dunno bout that.

There was a giant warpstorm right, i don't think that was coincidence, and the c'tan cant do that.

Return to “Archival Datacore”