What should I use as Farsights sword?

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Morgrim
Shas'Saal

What should I use as Farsights sword?

Post#1 » Aug 23 2017 10:32

I'm going to convert a commander into farsight. Anyone know of a good one to use? Any third party companies do something?

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Re: What should I use as Farsights sword?

Post#2 » Aug 23 2017 11:13

I saw a converted commander that used a wraith sword that looked quite nice. Maybe hit up a local eldar player for some bits?
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

Sholto
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Aug 24 2017 07:36

I converted a R'myr to Farsight, and used a Wraithlord sword as a template. You can see the thread here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16243

Unfortunately the photo links don't work because I finally took my website offline earlier this year :dead:

EDIT: hope this works Image

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Aug 24 2017 07:44

Ebay - that's were you go to find a Wraith Lord sword, only it'll need to be cut down to look right. Many folks who substitute it for the Dawn Blade, then is just looks Farsight robbed some Eldar for the sword. :P

TauMan

EDIT: Edited to add "Dawn Blade with Ork Gubbins"
"Itz a 'Relic Weapon'. Soze wot eva youse doo, don't be puttin' da Ork Gubbins on "Da Dawn Choppa!" - Big Mek Gogs
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Hungry_Bert
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Sep 07 2017 03:55

If I ever want to use Farsight I intend to make my own using and old XV8. I bought a daemon prince at a Games Day about 16 years ago and have never built it. I was thinking of using it's sword.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chaos ... Wz_IKVL84M:

This chappie :)

Cannonfodder
Shas

Post#6 » Sep 09 2017 10:56

I used the sword from the Elder Wraithlord model and found it surprisingly fitting.

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Sep 09 2017 03:28

I used a dreadknight sword for mine, check the link to my project log in my signature for details.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Sep 10 2017 03:48

I would use the Wraithlord sword as well. I mean it's speculated to be either Eldar or Necron origin in the first place anyway. (Some Necron blades look extremely similar just like the Wraithlord blade does and there are good arguments for both, the Eldar theory and the Necron theory)

Return to “Common Workbench”