(BFG) Tau fleet- The Great White (and Tan) Fleet

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Vay
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: (BFG) Tau fleet- The Great White (and Tan) Fleet

Post#111 » Mar 15 2017 09:50

I have more on my project log. But here is where it is now. I am repainting in Farsight colors becuase it is the theme of ALL of my Tau forces.

More work in progress....

We are now sister fleets! We will rule the Gulf...

----

What were your thoughts on the third orca mount for the explorer class ships? I made one for the ship in the picture. But I am interested for the next explorer I build.
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#112 » Mar 17 2017 02:53

Vay wrote:More work in progress....

We are now sister fleets! We will rule the Gulf...

----

What were your thoughts on the third orca mount for the explorer class ships? I made one for the ship in the picture. But I am interested for the next explorer I build.

Excellent! Together we shall show the Gue'la who really rules these stars!

As for the third grav-hook, it's a good idea. Personally I've always assumed that the third mount was underneath the Explorer, right where the hole for the flying stand is (and that Orcas have both dorsal and ventral docking ports), so never really bothered to build one up, but my second choice for the third hook's location is right where you put your third mount. It also lines up with the Bork'an configuration Explorer's third gravitic hook being mentioned as rear-mounted.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#113 » Mar 17 2017 03:25

This is starting to get my fingers itching to start collecting BFG now...

Stop it - I have enough grey plastic without starting something new :(

Great work though :biggrin:

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#114 » Mar 25 2017 08:09

El'mo wrote:This is starting to get my fingers itching to start collecting BFG now...

Ah, do I understand the problem El'mo. Looking at these beautifully painted ships, and I want a fleet so bad! But then where I live, who would I play against?

The TauMan is bummed!
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#115 » Mar 25 2017 11:23

El'mo wrote:This is starting to get my fingers itching to start collecting BFG now...

Great work though :biggrin:

Good thing that Battlefleet Gothic is mostly grey resin and white metal then. ;) Unless you want to go with the Imperial Navy or Chaos of course.

TauMan wrote:Looking at these beautifully painted ships, and I want a fleet so bad! But then where I live, who would I play against?

I'd actually be pretty happy to play some Battlefleet Gothic if I ever go to an ATT The City event. Of course, that will be dependent on what my ability to travel is like, but you never know when or where the next one might be...

But don't feel like there's any pressure. The less people with Battlefleet Gothic fleets there are, the more Battlefleet Gothic models there are out there that I can grab. :P
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Return to “Common Workbench”