(BFG) Tau fleet- The Great White (and Tan) Fleet

General discussions about the hobby side to Tau & 40K.
Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Re: (BFG) Tau fleet

Post#21 » Jan 26 2010 03:32

1st Tau Airborne, if you do not like GW's Tau ships you can always try Forgeworld's line, which are very different in aesthetic and are surprisingly reasonable in price.

The reason why there are no sept markings is because I just don't have the precision to paint them free-hand and there are no flat spaces big enought to put a transfer on (I have checked).

Sorry if this sounded hostile, I was woken up early today, so I am somewhat cranky.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

1st Tau Airborne
Kor'La

Post#22 » Jan 26 2010 03:57

No you are completely fine my friend. I have checked forgeworld stuff but I need mods for the normal Tau ships. Ill have to look into moding some of my forgeworld ships. I was just throwing a few ideas out is all man. I could give you a few tips as to steady your hand if you want to give the sept markings a go.

Ea Kau'da
Shas

Post#23 » Jan 26 2010 07:00

I was just wondering if you have ever actually played BFG before, because one ship is certainly not a fleet. If you haven't I suggest playing a few battles with poker chips, because they are the same size as small flying bases, which most of your ships will be. If you have never played before, and you go ordering ships, you are potentially wasting your money, as some ships in our fleet will be completely useless, depending on your play style and/or opponents. Just to be nice, I'm not going to tell you what is useless, just so you can find out with yourself by wasting your money. Have fun.
Ea Kau'da: the patient darkness.

1st Tau Airborne
Kor'La

Post#24 » Jan 26 2010 07:02

could you clarify who you are talking to please? :D

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#25 » Jan 26 2010 07:08

While I have not yet played a game of BFG before, I know full well that one ship is not a fleet. However, it is a work in progress, and I do plan on expanding it into a proper fleet.

Also, I have done significant research on the SG Tau fleet, so I know the general gist of how it works effectively, and what ships most people consider completely useless (Merchants, if I am not mistaken).

Edit: 1st Tau airborne, I believe he was refering to me
Naked Metal

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#26 » Feb 12 2010 03:01

Hey there folks, I have both good news and bad news

The bad news is that just recently my girlfriend broke up with me. :::(

The good news is that some time ago, the forgeworld models I ordered arrived, so I now own 8 (yes 8) Mantas, and 10 Barracudas. Not sure yet as to how I am going to paint them with any degree of accuracy (I am thinking of using a magnifying glass), and I have been wallowing in depression for the past two days so there are no photos of them yet, but I will get around to taking some shortly.
Naked Metal

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#27 » Feb 13 2010 09:31

Well, I was hoping I would not have to triple post, it seems that I must.

Anyway, here are some pictures of my new ordinance

Counter clockwise from right: Mantas, Barracudas, all on same picture with bases.
Image Image

Now I just need some way of painting them with any degree of accuracy.
Naked Metal

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#28 » Feb 13 2010 10:21

See, I like the Aeronautica tau ships more because they are of a decent size. I would suggest cleaning them and priming black, then drybrushing a lighter version of your cadre color and do a light black wash, then give a little bit of detail work.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#29 » Mar 03 2010 03:44

Greetings all

After having a faulty compression coil replaced, I finally got around to painting my ordinance.

Image Image

Now I just need to find a stand that will support my spaceship.
Naked Metal

Sherpa
Kor

Post#30 » Mar 05 2010 12:11

Hi there Kakapo42;

I very much like the colour schemes on your ships, they look sharp. Do you have any more ships for your fleet on the way?

Kakapo42 wrote:Now I just need to find a stand that will support my spaceship.

Perhaps drilling a hole in the bottom of the spaceship and using a flying stand to support it? If the plastic isn't strong enough, using a metal pin drilled into the stand in place of the plastic sticky-uppy bit at the top of the stand will make it far more sturdy.

Keep up the good work mate, what you have so far is looking good and it will be interesting to see your fleet grow!

Return to “Common Workbench”